Roger Ver, CEO of Bitcoin.com, was the darling of the BTC community, till he joined the Bitcoin Cash [BCH] camp, following the latter’s hardfork in August 2017. Since then, he has maintained his anti-BTC stance, claiming that Bitcoin Cash follows the original Satoshi protocol. However, despite his lambasting remarks, Bitcoin Jesus still retains some Bitcoins [BTC].
In a video posted by Bitcoin.com’s official YouTube channel, he revealed not only the amount of Bitcoins he held, but also his diversified portfolio. Admitting he’s a “polarizing figure,” Ver stated that Bitcoin Cash has everything to be the “peer-to-peer electronic cash system,” except for the superior BTC’s hashrate.
On asked whether he still held any BTC, Ver said,
“I do still hold some BTC as well, but the vast majority I’ve traded for Bitcoin Cash because it is useful as cash. And I’m much more bullish about the future of Bitcoin Cash than I am about BTC.”
Citing the diversification argument, Ver stated that it is “smart” to hold a basket of cryptocurrencies, rather than a single coin.
Ver also clarified that his portfolio is diversified beyond just the aforementioned two cryptocurrencies. Ethereum [ETH], Monero [XMR], Dash [DASH], Zcash [ZEC], and a “bunch of tokens on Ethereum,” all found a place in his portfolio. Interestingly, Ver quite bluntly stated that he did not hold any digital silver. “No Litecoin,” he claimed.
The Bitcoin.com CEO added that he was the “second person ever involved with Ripple,” when he was approached by former CTO, Jed McCaleb, to provide seed capital. Despite the increasing use-cases for Ripple and its cryptocurrency XRP, Ver added that he “does not pay close attention to what is going on in the Ripple ecosystem.”
One of Ver’s most notable attacks against the king coin is the alleged “censorship,” that takes place on its platform. He added that r/BTC, the official subreddit for the top cryptocurrency, was “completely censored for about three years.”
He also claimed that there is constant manipulation of the posts, wherein users ‘posts are twisted to mean the “exact opposite,” of what they intend. Ver concluded his tirade by referring to the BTC community as,
“A bunch of censorship worshiping totalitarians that don’t understand the economic code that made Bitcoin successful in the first place.”
Ver’s beloved Bitcoin Cash [BCH] has been outperforming its peers in the coin market, by exhibiting a massive price rally in the past few weeks. BCH has since regained the fourth spot on the coin ladder, overtaking EOS and Litecoin [LTC].
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Bitcoin bulls swing price of its fork coins and Ripple’s XRP
The latest surge propelled by an increase in Bitcoin futures contract drove the cryptocurrency market to post gains this week, with digital currencies breaching previously set resistances. At press time, the collective market cap stood at $326.8 billion.
- Market Capitalization: $20.3 billion
- XRP rose to a price of $0.47 after rising 5.84% over the past day.
- 24-hour trading volume stood at $3.5 billion, out of which 8.78% was contributed by the trading pair XRP/USDT at BW.com
- XRP increased by $15.12% over the past week.
- Market Capitalization: $8.73 billion
- BCH surged by 9.52% over the last day to a price of $489.3.
- 24-hour trading volume stood at $3.62 billion.
- BCH contributed 9.97% via the trading pair BCH/BTC at LBank
- Besides, the Bitcoin fork coin rose by 14.5% over the seven days.
Bitcoin Satoshi Vision [BSV]:
- Market Capitalization: $4.28 billion
- Bitcoin Satoshi Vision, [BSV] increased by 6.79% over the last day to a price of $240.
- 24-hour trading volume stood at $758 million.
- BSV contributed 13.17% via the trading pair BCHSV/USDT at CoinBene.
- Additionally, BSV’s valuation rose by 12.96% over the past seven days.
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter