Crypto News – 2nd April – Bitcoin leads coin market surge, David Schwartz on Ripple and XRP and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 2 April 2019
Daily Crypto News – April 2
1) Binance Exchange’s UI crashes: Following the surge in trade activity due to the Bitcoin price hike, Binance exchange was crippled by a major technical issue, with users reportedly being unable to log into the exchange after its UI crashed.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2Usz2Fv
2) SEC to hire a crypto-specialist: The Securities and Exchange Commission [SEC] has ramped up its focus on the digital currency industry and is now looking for a “crypto-specialist” to advise the regulator body on legal issues.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2OFiggX
3) Coinbase’s new cross-border payments: Coinbase announced that XRP, the second largest altcoin in the market and the exchange’s stablecoin USDCoin [USDC] can now be used for cross-border payments with no applicable fee on the transfer.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2UgBEat
4) Ripple joins INATBA: The International Association for Trusted Blockchain Applications [INATBA], has announced that Ripple will be included as a founding member of its organization.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2YIJUhW
5) Bithumb attack update: ChangeNOW Exchange announced that it “managed to stop a solid number of EOS and XRP exchanges” that the hackers were trying to make through it.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2UdJ4uK
6) Tron Foundation on regulations in Japan: The Foundation stated that Tron has been striving to promote blockchain technology and diversify DAPPs on its platform while adhering to local laws and regulations across the globe.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2uOXe6N
7) Huobi Global faces service disruption: According to a recent report, some users of the Singapore-based digital assets exchange, Huobi Global, were allegedly not able to cash in on the sudden spike after the exchange faced several service disruptions.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2UtLWD6
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Basic Attention Token surges by over 6% as Ad Launch nears
The cryptocurrency market appears to be bleeding, however, few altcoins have reported small surges over the past few days, like Basic Attention Token [BAT].
The coin, on April 18 when the entire market was mostly red, surged by over 10% and was trading at $0.3618, its all-time high since July 2018. On April 20, BAT reported a growth of over 6% and was valued at $0.3947, breaking its immediate resistance.
BAT reported a market cap of $493 million and a 24-hour trading volume of $57 million. The coin noted a 6.47% rise in its price over the past day and reported a seven-day surge of 31.20%. BAT continued to register a growth of 1.18% over the past hour.
Crypto-enthusiasts speculate the reason for the surge in prices to be the launch of advertisements on the Brave Browser this month. The BAT token is essentially based on entertainment and can be obtained through a variety of advertising and attention-based services on its platform. According to Twitter user @CryptoNilla,
“They are about to launch ads this month hence the pump.”
BAT was highly traded on ZB.COM exchange as it noted a volume of $8 million via the BAT/USDT pair. The second place was taken by Binance, the largest cryptocurrency exchange as it reported a trading volume of $7 million via the BAT/BTC pair. IDCM was on the third place with $6 million in volume via the BTA/BTC pair.
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
XRP transactions now available on pilot Automated Teller Machines [ATM] in New Jersey
Has XRP decoupled from Bitcoin? Is it due to immense pressure from manipulators?
Ernst and Young to launch zero-knowledge proof tech on ETH blockchain, Binance Coin skyrockets by over 300% in 2019 and more
New Bitcoin SV [BSV] trading pairs with BTC, USDC, and USDT go live on Float SV
Binance Coin [BNB] isn’t the only coin to record a surge of over 300 percent in 2019
Bitcoin SV [BSV]: John McAfee ‘sues Calvin Ayre in four different countries’; vows to bankrupt him
Cardano [ADA]: Proof of Stake [PoS] throws away expensive process & advances the network, says Charles Hoskinson
Cardano [ADA]: We will emerge from 2019 more decentralized than any other network, says Charles Hoskinson
XRP takes another step into mainstream adoption as Skype hints a possible integration
KRONN [KREX] vs. Ripple [XRP]-Which Cryptocurrency is Better?
XRP and Stellar Lumens [XLM] Price Analysis: Bear surrounds coin despite growth
Bitcoin [BTC]: Officials crack down on massive BTC fraud in ‘largest pill seizure in the history of New Jersey’
Bitcoin [BTC] and Litecoin [LTC] Price Analysis: Prices stagnate as bull run falls short of momentum
Ripple-backed XRPL Labs releases XRPayments on Playstore and App store