For the past few days, the most controversial topic in the cryptocurrency space has been the multiple legal notices sent by Craig Wright and his ally Calvin Ayre. The notice, which stated that Wright would take legal action over defamation charges, was initially sent to a Twitter user, Hodlonaut, and was later sent to Peter McCormack, the host of WhatBitcoinDid, and Vitalik Buterin, the creator of Ethereum [ETH]. This was mainly due to their statements against Wright’s claim of being the mysterious Bitcoin creator, Satoshi Nakamoto.
This notice, however, went against the entire Bitcoin SV community, as the majority of the cryptocurrency community was not only chanting #CraigIsNotSatoshiNakamoto but also #delistBSV. Following this, Binance, Kraken, Shapeshift and other leading exchanges announced that they would delist the coin from the platform.
Craig Wright spoke about the recent events and whether he would pursue legal action against the well-known cryptocurrency influencers, in an interview with Bloomberg. On being asked when and against whom he would be filing a lawsuit against, Wright picked Vitalik Buterin and Peter McCormack, who according to him, were perceived to be “authority within the cryptocurrency industry”.
He further stated that both of them have already received an opening letter, adding that this case would give him a “chance to prove [his] credentials” of being Satoshi Nakamoto to a judge, instead of “being judged by Twitter/ dragged through the Twitterverse”. He also spoke about the motivation behind seeking legal action. Wright said,
“I have said for a long time: ‘challenge the science not personalities,’ but that has been apparently impossible so I’ve reluctantly had to take this step so that we can move on a get back to the science where I happily and openly debate ideas and concepts.”
More so, Wright stated that the majority of the cryptocurrency space was against him because of the “desire to silence [him]”. He added, “They see an end to the scams, the pumps, and lies in a single system and honest protocol and they are afraid”.
Peter McCormack did not back down from his original statements, as the host of WhatBitcoinDid continued to refute Wright’s claim on being Satoshi Nakamoto. In an interview with BlockTV, he said,
“Craig Wright is clearly not Satoshi Nakamoto. He is a fraud and he’s an absolute moron, and for once in for all this means dealing with because they are leading people up […] having them invest in a version of Bitcoin which is fake and rubbish […] on the belief that this guy is Satoshi Nakamoto […] let’s get in a courtroom and let’s deal with this once and for all”
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
SEC delays VanEck Bitcoin ETF decision, Ripple CEO on crypto’s future and more
Crypto News – 21 May – SEC delays VanEck Bitcoin ETF decision, Ripple CEO on crypto’s future and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 21 May 2019
Daily Crypto News – May 21
1) TD Ameritrade invests in Eris-X: According to an official announcement, the organization revealed that they had made an investment in ErisX, a company which is planning to offer both cryptocurrency spot contracts and future contracts in a single exchange.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2w7Udiu
2) Tron DApps achieve new feat: Compared to Ethereum [ETH] and EOS, Tron registered a higher number of new users and active users. It noted 60k new users, while Ethereum reported 25K and EOS reported 9k. The active users on Tron’s DApps platform were 172k, followed by EOS with 170k and ETH with 54k.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2M0a4dN
3) Tron Weekly Report: The report said that the foundation had tested the block broadcast optimization solution, and the optimization solution for energy deduction in transaction failure. However, the Foundation was still working on the on-chain rate of transactions, which were broadcasted by GPRC.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HDahhu
4) Bitrefill launches giftwards on Amazon China: This year saw the highest number of collaborations aimed at crypto-enablement. In yet another addition to the growing list of such collaborations, Amazon China has partnered with a Lightning network service provider, Bitrefill.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2WftMWQ
5) Bug bounty hunters receive huge reward: According to latest reports, ethical hackers ‘earned’ almost $32,000 in seven weeks by fixing bugs on Tron, Brave, EOS, Coinbase, and more, via bug bounty programs. Between March 28 and May 16, almost 15 blockchain ventures paid rewards to security researchers for finding vulnerabilities.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2M1SjL0
6) Circle’s Jeremy Allaire on SEC: In a recent blog post, the CEO stated that digital assets were a “fundamental new class of financial instruments”, one which could not be clubbed with categories such as securities, commodities, and currencies.
Read more at https://bit.ly/30uGrV7
7) Binance’s CZ global crypto-adoption: While speaking at the 10th Asian Leadership Conference 2019 in South Korea, Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao aka CZ, commented, “If you don’t want to be left out in the future, you will have to embrace it.” CZ added that cryptocurrencies “could not be ignored” and added that the ones who are doing so would end up making themselves “poorer”.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2LWYxvH
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Bitcoin [BTC] to USDT market share falls for the first time in 6 months post-Bitfinex fiasco
Bitcoin [BTC]: Don’t buy BTC at the top, buy it right now, says CNBC’s Brian Kelly
Bitcoin? Bitcoin Cash? Bitcoin Satoshi’s Vision? Will the real Bitcoin please stand up?
Bitcoin SV drops by a massive 24% in an hour after Bitcoin whitepaper patent backlash
Bitcoin [BTC] and crypto-ban highly unlikely as US Dollar will self-destruct, says Ron Paul
Tron [TRX] announces future trading on OKEx platform from May 20
Bitcoin’s [BTC] Lightning Network is awesome, says Blockstream’s Samson Mow
Tron [TRX]: Justin Sun short-changes new winner; awards USD equivalent instead of a Tesla
Crypto is replacing the US Dollar and no one seems to be noticing, claims prominent investor Robert Kiyosaki
Coinbase extends XRP trading access to New York users; coin pumps by 22%
Charlie Shrem claims when Mt Gox imploded, market created the first “token as debt”
Bitcoin [BTC] Whale Alert: BTC worth over $38 million moved in two transactions
XRP closes bullish week breaking 200-day MA; on the doorsteps of the Golden Cross
Game of Thrones ignites barrage of Bitcoin [BTC] bets on who will take the ‘Iron Throne’