Bitfinex, headquartered in Hong Kong is the largest Bitcoin trading platform with over 10% of the exchanges’ trading. They offer state-of-the-art services for digital assets and liquidity providers. While their search for advanced technologies with the capacity to meet high-demands of a high-volume blockchain both legally and technically was in process, they came across EOSIO community to which they believe they can contribute significantly.
Latest tweet by Bitfinex:
“Bitfinex is pleased to present itself as an EOS Block Producer candidate.”
Bitfinex will act as an incubator to fund, nurture and advise teams that are serious about the future of EOS. Their team is an assortment of more than 100 experts from the industry including a highly versatile development team, legal experts, technical support agents, and industry advocates.
“Our team has gained invaluable industry experience along the way, and we aim to make use of this to enrich the teams around us — sharing information and providing guidance whenever possible.”
Being a block producer candidate, they pledge to grow the open-source nature of the decentralized digital asset space. This is done through intense research, collaborations, and community development. They aim to combine the potential of EOSIO with their own terms of research, development, and adoption at a much higher level.
A high-performance decentralized exchange platform, EOSfinex also aims to combine the scalability and potential of EOSIO. It is built on EOSIO technology, along with the financial/development expertise of the Bitfinex development team. EOSfinex looks forward to delivering a highly-scalable, on-chain trading platform.
“EOSfinex has been developed by considering speed, transparency and scalability and will be the first trust less exchange to be implemented on EOSIO-based networks.”
Apart from the development of a trustless exchange, EOSfinex will be leading the development of a secure and intuitive EOS wallet as well. The partnership is meant to leverage EOSIO’s platform for horizontal scaling of DApps. As their continuous search led them to the EOSIO platform, they aim to process tens of thousands of transactions per second with the lowest fees.
Judy Steven, a Bitfinex user says:
“This is exciting. I’m interested in learning more about this “intuitive wallet” you are developing.”
Ariana Paul, a speculator says:
“Congrats Bitfinex! Looking forward to seeing what great accomplishments Bitfinex will bring to the EOS ecosystem. I can see a three-digit price for EOS soon.”
Lessie Grundon, a market observer said:
“Honestly, I don’t think this is good. To me decentralisation is all about random people having a right to produce blocks and vote the way ahead.”
EOS has been one of the top gainers in the market that has turned bearish recently displaying significant volume gains up to 52% and currently trading at $13.19. The market cap has also noticeably gained and is worth $10 billion roughly as seen at press time.
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
Crypto News – 25 May – Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 25 May 2019
Daily Crypto News – May 25
1) Bitcoin Wallet receives part of 5,000 BTC: A recent Whale Alert highlighted a transaction on May 24, where a large sum of Bitcoin [BTC] exchanged hands between two anonymous wallets. According to the alert the transaction took place at 22:13:23 + 1 minutes and 5,000.00001092 BTC was transferred from an unknown wallet, with address 19SiCYaYKZh9A8HUjuh14eg5wtYzKxiFbB, to another unknown wallet with address 14GcjGjxwadzcpmq9EG3KUgTKATjurbnWt.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VRQwb0
2) Bitwise Report 2.0: Bitcoin [BTC] futures continues growth: On a month-on-month basis, Bitcoin Futures saw a massive bump in April trading at an average of 10,000 contracts daily, peaking on April 4, with over 22,000 contracts traded. To put that number in perspective, in March 2019, the average contracts traded was less than 4,000. Despite the high standards set in April, the average daily contracts traded in May, with 25 days gone has exceeded 14,000 and still looks to grow, given the price performance of Bitcoin.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W40sTR
3) Craig Wright on private keys: Craig S Wright has, for years, claimed he is the true creator of Bitcoin [BTC] without providing a shred of evidence to support the same. With the crypto-community levelling, Wright could prove his worth by sending BTC from Satoshi Nakamoto’s touted wallet containing around 980,000 BTCs, the BSV man in a twisted cause and effect situation, stated he will “sign” into his wallet only when he proves he is the creator.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X6fdlw
4) Tether’s [USDT] market cap hits ATH: Tether and Bitfinex are being closely scrutinized now more than ever due to the NYAG’s lawsuit; however, the scrutiny doesn’t seem to have affected Tether as the market cap of USDT has increased by over $100 million in approximately 70 days.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2McaTjE
5) Tether volume shift: Another controversial topic in the cryptocurrency industry was the issue of fake transaction volumes on many of the popular cryptocurrency exchanges. The magnitude of the topic was so large that even Changpeng Zhao, the Chief Executive Officer [CEO] of Binance had raised red flags. This topic and Tether as a whole received another twist when Larry Cermack, the Director of Research at The Block, pointed out a few parameters when it came to the said volume.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2wmk4mJ
6) Bitfinex’s LEO tokens listed on Delta Exchange: Bitfinex’s Leo tokens faced quite a lot of criticism when they were announced, due to the missing $850 million funds from Bitfinex. The private investment round by Bitfinex also faced a lot of heat from the media. However, in a recent development, Leo tokens are being listed on various exchanges for trading.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HUEnNB
7) Robinhood en-route a projected valuation of $7 billion: Robinhood, the California-based cryptocurrency exchange made headlines recently when a source close to the organization revealed that it was on the verge of closing their latest round of funding at a valuation of a whopping $7 billion – $8 billion. Sources even claimed that the current round of funding could act as a precursor to an even bigger round of funding, which would pit Robinhood with the bigwigs like Coinbase and Binance.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W64KKj
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Bitcoin nirvana is happening right now, says Max Keiser
Bitcoin [BTC]: General manager of BIS says Bitcoin and blockchain technology should be explored to its limits
Bitcoin [BTC]: Mati Greenspan claims ‘$200 move can easily lead to a $2,000 move’
Bitcoin [BTC] and Litecoin [LTC] Price Analysis: BTC and LTC bulls defend position
Dubai-based exchange BitOasis allegedly delists Monero [XMR], ZCash [ZEC] without informing users
Tron [TRX] announces future trading on OKEx platform from May 20
Bitcoin’s [BTC] Lightning Network is awesome, says Blockstream’s Samson Mow
Crypto is replacing the US Dollar and no one seems to be noticing, claims prominent investor Robert Kiyosaki
Bitcoin Cash’s [BCH] Roger Ver adds Coinbase and Binance to his ‘safe list’
Bittrex transfers 6,999,999 XRP to Upbit amid Ripple’s alleged report discrepancies
Bitcoin [BTC] is still going to $100,000, claims Heisenberg Capital’s Max Keiser
XRP: Massive amounts of cryptocurrency moved as Ripple, Nexo come into the picture
Satoshi Nakamoto is easy to get through; can be found by fools, claims John McAfee
XRP: Google Chrome extension to detect trustworthiness of select XRP addresses goes live