The Head of Partnerships at Cardano Foundation, Anthony Clark Jones, spoke at the recently held Japan Blockchain Conference discussing the Cardano project and the purpose of the Cardano Foundation in it.
The speaker, in his talk, outlined the 5 key functions of the Foundation.
- The Foundation develops and protects the brand image of the Cardano Protocol. It also sets the terms of licensing for commercial utility and audits the software development project and grants assurances for the same.
- The Cardano Foundation builds and promotes transparency and trust within the community. It is also responsible for building a community hub that offers authentic, timely updates, and information on the technology and Cardano’s high potential.
- It creates, develops, and maintains constructive alliances and business relationships for the Cardano Ecosystem’s benefit and progress.
- Cardano Protocol or any blockchain technology needs general standards. The Foundation defines and sets these standards for the protocol.
- It also takes care of the key information that includes code, documents, and study material. Cardano likes to call it their ‘golden source repository’. Moreover, it engages in duties such as shaping Cardano’s trademark policies, serving a bigger picture in terms of thought-leadership to the entire Blockchain community.
Japan Blockchain Conference saw almost all the significant individuals and organizations from the crypto-community coming together to share their knowledge and views. Anthony, on his experience at JBC said:
“It was fantastic to see thousands of people so keenly engaged today in Tokyo. As Japan is one of our most important markets, such on-going support is highly welcome and indicative that we can and have to deliver on the potential of Cardano.”
The later part of Cardano Foundation’s talk turned to the technical side when IOHK’s Charles Hoskinson took to the stage to discuss the specifications in the design of cryptocurrency.
The Japan Blockchain Conference was also attended by crypto-celebrities including Litecoin’s Charlie Lee, the Ontology community, and suchlike.
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Cryptopia hack: Case involving Ethereum-based tokens takes a new turn in the market
Grin [GRIN]’s great fall: The new privacy-oriented coin plummets by 97% within a day
Bitcoin Cash [BCH] Technical Analysis: BCH fails to recover as EOS looks to pounce
Bitcoin [BTC/USD] Technical Analysis: Bears take back the bull’s kingdom
Ethereum [ETH/USD] Technical Analysis: Coin continues to linger in bear’s realm
Bitcoin [BTC]: A piggybacking Proof-of-Proof blockchain has almost 20% of Bitcoin’s daily transactions
Ripple’s xRapid customer SendFriend will go live by Q1 in 2019, says CEO David Lighton
Venezuelan government decrees crypto operators to pay taxes in cryptocurrency
Bitcoin SV [BSV] emerges as top gainer with 11% growth; Tron [TRX] continues massive fall
XRP reaches Australia as FlashFX adopts Ripple’s cryptocurrency
Cryptocurrency trading platforms will be inspected by Bulgarian National Revenue Agency
Stolen Ethereum-based tokens transferred to Binance and other top exchanges
- Press Release
LIQNET – liquidity focused cryptocurrency exchange
Bitcoin [BTC] block halving is 66% complete; next block halving in 495 days