On 27th August, Dash [DASH], a decentralized and autonomous cryptocurrency platform announced its partnership with Kripto Mobile Corporation [KRIP], a mobile brand that produces cryptocurrency-supported phones. The move was made to provide the Latin American community, a novel and inexpensive way of obtaining and adopting cryptocurrencies for their day to day transactions.
The partnership will involve the KRIP phones being pre-loaded with Dash’s entire ecosystem which comprises of the Dash wallet, a means to store DASH, and also a way to spend DASH via companion apps such as Bitrefill. Bitrefill is a cryptocurrency-based mobile company that sells prepaid phones. The official partnership was launched on 25th August at the Dash Caracas conference that took place in Venezuela. Bradley Zastrow, the Dash Core Group Head of Global Business Development said:
“We all know that fiat payments take too long and cost too much, and that cryptocurrencies have the potential to affect real change, especially for people experiencing hyperinflation where cryptocurrency is less volatile.”
He further stated:
”This first starts with the Dash community, particularly here in Caracas, who have worked tirelessly to grow the Dash ecosystem to over 800 merchants accepting Dash including locally-run locations from mainstream brands like Calvin Klein and Subway.”
According to Zastrow, through Dash’s partnership with KRIP, Dash will contribute in speeding up the growth of the cryptocurrency ecosystem in Latin America. Zastrow hopes to provide all the elements that are required to obtain, store and spend Dash. These facilities will include providing access to the World Wide Web throughout Latin America, a major step that must be taken before beginning the process of cryptocurrency adoption across the region.
The KRIP phones, available to all of Latin America comprises of a paper wallet with Dash already preloaded into it so that users can just scan and upload the cryptocurrency. The advantage of such a feature is that users can buy or sell their Dash without having to physically visit a bank at the risk of being robbed of large amounts of fiat currency. Additionally, Dash has created a community organization with the Caracas based Dash Help Me customer support service wherein the KRIP phone users can contact a dedicated support line to clear their queries.
Zastrow then said:
“The road to mainstream adoption will take more than sporadic airdrops or similar giveaways. What makes the KRIP phone so unique, beyond being a great smartphone at a good price, is that it makes this user experience a central part of using a cell phone.
“Right out of the box, even users who have never interacted with cryptocurrencies have everything they need, and by working closely with the Dash community and Dash Help Me, new users have the necessary support structure in place should they need assistance. The critical element to moving to mainstream is the need for removing the friction that exists today with the cryptocurrency experience. We’re doing that with the KRIP phones.”
Users are not expected to have any prior knowledge of cryptocurrencies as the KRIP phone simplifies it for its customers. Both Dash and KRIP confirmed that transactions in Dash would take the same amount of time any debit or credit card transaction would take to process.
Luis Sosa, the Co-Founder of KRIP said:
“We are seeing an incredible transition period in Latin America with those who are unbanked, underbanked, or simply do not want to use the traditional banking system. Combining our accessible, affordable phones with Dash’s InstandSend transaction capabilities and low fees will provide a myriad of benefits to these communities.
He concluded by saying:
“And with the addition of Bitrefill and other Dash apps, such as the Dash wallet, to our phones right out of the box, there’s simply no easier way to start using cryptocurrencies like Dash in everyday life.”
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
Crypto News – 25 May – Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 25 May 2019
Daily Crypto News – May 25
1) Bitcoin Wallet receives part of 5,000 BTC: A recent Whale Alert highlighted a transaction on May 24, where a large sum of Bitcoin [BTC] exchanged hands between two anonymous wallets. According to the alert the transaction took place at 22:13:23 + 1 minutes and 5,000.00001092 BTC was transferred from an unknown wallet, with address 19SiCYaYKZh9A8HUjuh14eg5wtYzKxiFbB, to another unknown wallet with address 14GcjGjxwadzcpmq9EG3KUgTKATjurbnWt.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VRQwb0
2) Bitwise Report 2.0: Bitcoin [BTC] futures continues growth: On a month-on-month basis, Bitcoin Futures saw a massive bump in April trading at an average of 10,000 contracts daily, peaking on April 4, with over 22,000 contracts traded. To put that number in perspective, in March 2019, the average contracts traded was less than 4,000. Despite the high standards set in April, the average daily contracts traded in May, with 25 days gone has exceeded 14,000 and still looks to grow, given the price performance of Bitcoin.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W40sTR
3) Craig Wright on private keys: Craig S Wright has, for years, claimed he is the true creator of Bitcoin [BTC] without providing a shred of evidence to support the same. With the crypto-community levelling, Wright could prove his worth by sending BTC from Satoshi Nakamoto’s touted wallet containing around 980,000 BTCs, the BSV man in a twisted cause and effect situation, stated he will “sign” into his wallet only when he proves he is the creator.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X6fdlw
4) Tether’s [USDT] market cap hits ATH: Tether and Bitfinex are being closely scrutinized now more than ever due to the NYAG’s lawsuit; however, the scrutiny doesn’t seem to have affected Tether as the market cap of USDT has increased by over $100 million in approximately 70 days.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2McaTjE
5) Tether volume shift: Another controversial topic in the cryptocurrency industry was the issue of fake transaction volumes on many of the popular cryptocurrency exchanges. The magnitude of the topic was so large that even Changpeng Zhao, the Chief Executive Officer [CEO] of Binance had raised red flags. This topic and Tether as a whole received another twist when Larry Cermack, the Director of Research at The Block, pointed out a few parameters when it came to the said volume.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2wmk4mJ
6) Bitfinex’s LEO tokens listed on Delta Exchange: Bitfinex’s Leo tokens faced quite a lot of criticism when they were announced, due to the missing $850 million funds from Bitfinex. The private investment round by Bitfinex also faced a lot of heat from the media. However, in a recent development, Leo tokens are being listed on various exchanges for trading.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HUEnNB
7) Robinhood en-route a projected valuation of $7 billion: Robinhood, the California-based cryptocurrency exchange made headlines recently when a source close to the organization revealed that it was on the verge of closing their latest round of funding at a valuation of a whopping $7 billion – $8 billion. Sources even claimed that the current round of funding could act as a precursor to an even bigger round of funding, which would pit Robinhood with the bigwigs like Coinbase and Binance.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W64KKj
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Bitcoin [BTC]: Debating on king coin’s transaction speed is a red herring argument, says Charlie Shrem
Bitcoin price prediction: BTC prices primed for small correction that could evolve into a major correction
Tron [TRX] surges 7.50% in an hour after Justin Sun hints at ‘huge and amazing’ announcement in TRX, BTT ecosystem
Bitcoin [BTC]: Fidelity has a ‘room full of ASIC miners’ at its Texas office, claims Justin Moon
Bitcoin nirvana is happening right now, says Max Keiser
Tron [TRX] announces future trading on OKEx platform from May 20
Bitcoin’s [BTC] Lightning Network is awesome, says Blockstream’s Samson Mow
Crypto is replacing the US Dollar and no one seems to be noticing, claims prominent investor Robert Kiyosaki
Bitcoin Cash’s [BCH] Roger Ver adds Coinbase and Binance to his ‘safe list’
Bittrex transfers 6,999,999 XRP to Upbit amid Ripple’s alleged report discrepancies
Bitcoin [BTC] is still going to $100,000, claims Heisenberg Capital’s Max Keiser
Satoshi Nakamoto is easy to get through; can be found by fools, claims John McAfee
XRP: Google Chrome extension to detect trustworthiness of select XRP addresses goes live
Ripple: SCB Thailand asks crypto-enthusiasts to wait for announcement regarding XRP adoption