Crypto News – 17 May – David Schwartz on Stellar’s downtime, Brian Armstrong on institutional investors and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 17 May 2019
Daily Crypto News- May 17, 2019
1) European Central Bank on crypto: European Central Bank, the central bank for euro and the entity that administers the monetary policy of the European countries, released an occasional paper titled ‘Crypto-Assets: Implications for financial stability, monetary policy, and payments and market infrastructure’.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2w4PfTv
2) Poloniex delists nine crypto-assets: In yet another blow to the crypto-world, regulatory uncertainty in the US market has led to the delisting of nine cryptocurrencies from the leading exchange, Poloniex.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VreF88
3) Amazon files crypto-based Proof-of-Work patent: After Jaguar, Microsoft, and Nike, a new cryptography-focused patent has surfaced on the web, one attributed to Amazon. While the patent, “Generation of Merkle Trees as Proof-of-Work,” was filed by Amazon on December 23, 2016, it was made public recently after Morgan Creek’s Anthony Pompliano broke the news.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2EgFk1T
4) Bosch to use Ethereum blockchain: Bosch, the multi-national engineering giant, joined hands with Ethereum to deploy blockchain technology and smart contracts at car-charging stations. Although still in its testing phase, Bosch is partnering with the Germany-based electric utility company EnBW to test out a prototype of blockchain-based car charging stations.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2JOilP5
5) Cryptopia answers users’ queries: Cryptopia released a new statement pertaining to its liquidation where the firm answered all the questions asked by the customers. Notably, the exchange had made it explicitly clear that they will not allow customers to withdraw their funds until the investigation is completed, emphasizing that it could take months for this process.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2JK9X3a
6) University professor to launch cryptocurrency: In a new development which could open a new era in the history of the cryptoverse, Emin Gun Sirer, a professor at Cornell University, is looking at launching his own cryptocurrency and network. He will be receiving funding from several big VCs in the field.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2wdAsGp
7) Binance hack: Scam alert; Even though the funds have not been recovered yet, another scam seems to be brewing in the shadow of these funds. A Reddit user suggested on the r/Cryptocurrency subreddit that the ‘team’ that hacked Binance was selling the stolen 7,000 BTCs, with a 70% discount.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2Ec1fqM
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Justin Sun on shaking down the Internet, Coin Metrics on Kin’s blockchain activity and more
Crypto News – 26 June – Justin Sun on shaking down the Internet, Coin Metrics on Kin’s blockchain activity and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) June 26, 2019
Crypto News – 26 June
Bitcoin breaches new resistances: In a sensational run that saw the coin surge by 15% over 24 hours, the world’s largest cryptocurrency breached the $12,000 mark, while also briefly touching the $13,000 mark, before falling again
Read more at https://bit.ly/2ZMkS10
Tone Vays on Bitcoin’s biggest strength: Tone Vays opined that Bitcoin’s biggest strength was the fact that it was completely “unconfiscatable” and that one’s BTC is completely safe if it is protected and secured with attention
Read more at https://bit.ly/2RD2BjL
Tron Foundation launches new inititative: Justin Sun’s Tron Foundation announced a $20 million TRX buy-back plan to promote community activity and market stability
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X8aA9W
Joe Kernen on Bitcoin, Libra: The once crypto-skeptic, CNBC Squawk Box’s Joe Kernen is of the opinion that Libra is for corporations, while Bitcoin is for the people
Read more at https://bit.ly/31MkqSa
Bloomberg on JPM Coin: According to a report by Bloomberg, the Jaime Dimon-led institution plans to launch the JPM coin and use it for bond transactions
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X75DTr
Fundstrat report on stablecoins: According to a recent report by New York-based Fundstrat Global Advisors, the FS CryptoFX Stablecoin index fell by a whopping 21 percent against BTC, with Gemini outperforming Tether [USDT]
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X5qPJw
BitGo’s latest collaboration: Bitcoin IRA has announced that it will be teaming up with BitGo to launch crypto-retirement accounts insured for $100 million
Read more at https://bit.ly/31UvjBz
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter