For the last week, the price of EOS has been oscillating between $16 to $19 and it finally calms down at around $18. It is being noticed that EOS has been gaining momentum in the cryptocurrency market and fetched a place among the top ten cryptocurrencies.
The price of the coin has been constantly changing in the last week. On 4th May, the prices went as low as $16.54 then again after 4 days, the price went as high as $18.83. The prices have settled down and EOS is currently trading at $18.14 at 12:00 PM UTC. EOS was witnessing a steady growth of around 2.16 percent.
All throughout the week most of the cryptocurrencies were facing a downward trend. EOS is the fifth largest cryptocurrency in the market with a market capitalization of around $15.3 billion.
One of the main reasons for the steady growth of EOS is because of the technology behind it. Its only been a month since Block.one released EOS dawn 3.0, and the team at EOS has already announced the launch of their new update called EOS Dawn 4.0. The development team who was behind the cleanup of the EOSIO software believes that the update to dawn 4.0 can resolve a lot of corner cases and time-based applications which would enable an accurate measure of the time lapse within the smart contracts.
EOS community is eagerly waiting for the new developments on the upcoming Mainnet launch, which is going to take place in a few weeks. The users who want to participate will have to register their EOS tokens on the EOSIO and can store the coins on a web wallet which would be compatible with Ethereum [ETH].
A crypto economist, Ashe Ore has tweeted that:
“#EOS will easily have the same market cap size as #ETH. Not even a question in my mind.”
A crypto enthusiast Moss Roda has tweeted that:
“I would not be surprised if #EOS pass #ETH in term of market cap by Jun 2019. We need a couple of killer #dApps to draw more developers/companies to start developing on #EOS platform. Killer #dApps are coming to #EOS sooner or later. I do not see a better smart contract platform”
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
Crypto News – 25 May – Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 25 May 2019
Daily Crypto News – May 25
1) Bitcoin Wallet receives part of 5,000 BTC: A recent Whale Alert highlighted a transaction on May 24, where a large sum of Bitcoin [BTC] exchanged hands between two anonymous wallets. According to the alert the transaction took place at 22:13:23 + 1 minutes and 5,000.00001092 BTC was transferred from an unknown wallet, with address 19SiCYaYKZh9A8HUjuh14eg5wtYzKxiFbB, to another unknown wallet with address 14GcjGjxwadzcpmq9EG3KUgTKATjurbnWt.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VRQwb0
2) Bitwise Report 2.0: Bitcoin [BTC] futures continues growth: On a month-on-month basis, Bitcoin Futures saw a massive bump in April trading at an average of 10,000 contracts daily, peaking on April 4, with over 22,000 contracts traded. To put that number in perspective, in March 2019, the average contracts traded was less than 4,000. Despite the high standards set in April, the average daily contracts traded in May, with 25 days gone has exceeded 14,000 and still looks to grow, given the price performance of Bitcoin.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W40sTR
3) Craig Wright on private keys: Craig S Wright has, for years, claimed he is the true creator of Bitcoin [BTC] without providing a shred of evidence to support the same. With the crypto-community levelling, Wright could prove his worth by sending BTC from Satoshi Nakamoto’s touted wallet containing around 980,000 BTCs, the BSV man in a twisted cause and effect situation, stated he will “sign” into his wallet only when he proves he is the creator.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X6fdlw
4) Tether’s [USDT] market cap hits ATH: Tether and Bitfinex are being closely scrutinized now more than ever due to the NYAG’s lawsuit; however, the scrutiny doesn’t seem to have affected Tether as the market cap of USDT has increased by over $100 million in approximately 70 days.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2McaTjE
5) Tether volume shift: Another controversial topic in the cryptocurrency industry was the issue of fake transaction volumes on many of the popular cryptocurrency exchanges. The magnitude of the topic was so large that even Changpeng Zhao, the Chief Executive Officer [CEO] of Binance had raised red flags. This topic and Tether as a whole received another twist when Larry Cermack, the Director of Research at The Block, pointed out a few parameters when it came to the said volume.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2wmk4mJ
6) Bitfinex’s LEO tokens listed on Delta Exchange: Bitfinex’s Leo tokens faced quite a lot of criticism when they were announced, due to the missing $850 million funds from Bitfinex. The private investment round by Bitfinex also faced a lot of heat from the media. However, in a recent development, Leo tokens are being listed on various exchanges for trading.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HUEnNB
7) Robinhood en-route a projected valuation of $7 billion: Robinhood, the California-based cryptocurrency exchange made headlines recently when a source close to the organization revealed that it was on the verge of closing their latest round of funding at a valuation of a whopping $7 billion – $8 billion. Sources even claimed that the current round of funding could act as a precursor to an even bigger round of funding, which would pit Robinhood with the bigwigs like Coinbase and Binance.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W64KKj
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Bitcoin [BTC]: Mati Greenspan claims ‘$200 move can easily lead to a $2,000 move’
Bitcoin [BTC] and Litecoin [LTC] Price Analysis: BTC and LTC bulls defend position
Dubai-based exchange BitOasis allegedly delists Monero [XMR], ZCash [ZEC] without informing users
Kraken’s Austin Alexander says cryptocurrency space is ‘moving fast’, making it difficult for staffing
Kraken affirms that it pays some of its employees in Bitcoin [BTC]
Tron [TRX] announces future trading on OKEx platform from May 20
Bitcoin’s [BTC] Lightning Network is awesome, says Blockstream’s Samson Mow
Crypto is replacing the US Dollar and no one seems to be noticing, claims prominent investor Robert Kiyosaki
Bitcoin Cash’s [BCH] Roger Ver adds Coinbase and Binance to his ‘safe list’
Bittrex transfers 6,999,999 XRP to Upbit amid Ripple’s alleged report discrepancies
XRP: Massive amounts of cryptocurrency moved as Ripple, Nexo come into the picture
Bitcoin [BTC] is still going to $100,000, claims Heisenberg Capital’s Max Keiser
Satoshi Nakamoto is easy to get through; can be found by fools, claims John McAfee
XRP: Google Chrome extension to detect trustworthiness of select XRP addresses goes live