On 1st August, Status, an open source mobile dApp browser unveiled on Twitter, their client Nimbus, a project focused on sharding and scalability of Ethereum. Status has declared that their ultimate goal, in the long run, is to “drive mass adoption of Ethereum.”
Sharding is a kind of database segregation which divides enormous databases into smaller, quicker and conveniently manageable parts known as date shards.
Status, the first mobile Ethereum operating system, is a decentralized platform based purely on a peer-to-peer framework. Users are able to buy, sell and store Ether as well as other cryptocurrency assets with the added advantage of exploring and browsing through several decentralized apps.
Status decided to take on Nimbus as a research project with an aim to advance the collective work already done in scaling Ethereum and giving it wider access. Nimbus also aims to set up client implementation for sharding, light clients, and new school Ethereum-based technologies.
The Ethereum 2.0 Sharding Client is designed to be compatible with mobile devices and is said to function smoothly on IoT devices as well.
Status on their website said:
“The Ethereum 2.0 Sharding Client is designed to work well on mobile and embedded systems, that is modular enough to allow for rapid iteration and implementation of the research being done in terms of scaling will, we feel, advance greatly the goals of Ethereum as a decentralized ecosystem.”
The Nimbus team decided to use the programming language Nim as it is light in its makeup and therefore appropriate to run on resource-restricted devices. The team claims to have a deep-seated understanding of the blockchain platform and its ever-evolving technology.
The Ethereum protocol is said to have engaged the most experienced of developers and engineers. Vitalik Buterin, the Co-Founder of Ethereum in his Tweet said:
“Looking forward to Nimbus from @ethstatus!”
Twitter user, Surfcashchain said:
“Always push the limit of blockchain ! Gold job”
GenXMiner, another Twitterati commented:
“You guys gotta learn how to put this shit in layman’s terms, we need real world applications and real world explanations. Very few people write code HELLO!”
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
John McAfee speaks about Satoshi Nakamoto’s identity, Kraken joins #delistBSV bandwagon, and more
Crypto News – 17 April – Kraken ousts Bitcoin SV as delisting gathers momentum, Tone Vays gets sued for defamation and libel and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) April 17, 2019
Daily Crypto News – April 17
1. John McAfee on Satoshi Nakamoto’s identity: John McAfee, the Founder of McAfee Associates, commented on the recent events surrounding Craig Wright and the rest of the cryptocurrency space. The well-known Bitcoin influencer also claimed that Craig Wright was 100% “not Satoshi Nakamoto”. He also went on to speak about the real identity of the creator of Bitcoin.
To know more about it, click here!
2. Kraken shuts its door for Bitcoin SV: The leading cryptocurrency exchange joined the bandwagon led by Binance. It was announced that Bitcoin SV [BSV] would no longer be supported on the exchange. It stated that this was a “unique case” as the decision was made because of the actions of its founders and people promoting the coin, adding that they “turned out to be total assholes”.
To know more about the remarks made by Jesse Powell on BSV and Craig Wright, click here!
3. Tether launched on Tron Blockchain: USDT-TRC20 pairing launched on the blockchain as Tron claims it will make the stablecoin faster, more reliable and more efficient. Tron has also promised a bounty system with varying degrees of interest.
To read more about Tron-Tether partnership, click here!
4. Calvin Ayre asks Bitcoin SV community to join the legal action saga: Calvin Ayre, a well-known Bitcoin SV proponent, has asked the Bitcoin SV community that avails Kraken’s trading service to take legal action against the exchange. This was because of Kraken’s decision to delist the cryptocurrency from its platform, following the suite of Binance and Shapeshift.
To know more about the legal pursuit, click here!
5. Tone Vays receives a Cease and Desist letter from TokenPay: The Bitcoin influencer received a Cease and Desist Letter from TokenPay for “defamation attacks against TokenPay”, which concerned TokenPay’s partnership with Litecoin Foundation.
To know more about Vays-TokenPay-CharlieLee, click here!
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
XRP shorts overtake XRP longs as USD shorts increase 85 percent on April 17
Gemini’s Winklevoss twins and Charlie Shrem reach settlement in long-standing Bitcoin deal
Bitcoin [BTC] will take another 22 years to regain its all-time high, says research analyst
What is USDQ and Q DAO?
Binance coin [BNB] registers growth over 5% following Binance’s DEX launch hint; XRP too spikes by over 5%
Bitcoin SV [BSV]: John McAfee ‘sues Calvin Ayre in four different countries’; vows to bankrupt him
Cardano [ADA]: Proof of Stake [PoS] throws away expensive process & advances the network, says Charles Hoskinson
Cardano [ADA]: We will emerge from 2019 more decentralized than any other network, says Charles Hoskinson
Bitcoin [BTC]: Don’t buy into it if you are not ready to be rekt, warns Richard Heart
XRP takes another step into mainstream adoption as Skype hints a possible integration
Japanese ‘Amazon’ Rakuten opens registration for trading cryptocurrencies on Rakuten Wallet
Breaking: SBI Virtual Currencies delists Bitcoin Cash [BCH] in response to Binance’s Bitcoin SV delisting
Is John McAfee among crypto adherents who knows Satoshi’s true identity?
Bitcoin [BTC], Bitcoin Cash [BCH] accepted as payments by Corporate Traveller following tie-up with BitPay