On June 9th, the launch of the EOS blockchain has validated their goals towards reaching more than $4 billion to help develop their open-source software over a year-long ICO.
Candidates in the role of validators and “block producers” from all across the world have successfully established their power by voting “GO” to the mainnet live. The meeting was streamed on YouTube sponsored by ‘EOS GO’.
The main aim is to help organize communities around an open-source software so that they can create community-driven models that can compete with financially centralized tech companies today.
Serg Metelin, Developing Relation Officer for EOS states:
“Blockchains will change everything. Agricultural industries, Governance, Science, Medical, Insurance and all of the industries that have a middle man as a part of the business process can be disrupted by the blockchains.”
The organizations have been very keen on supporting the EOS Mainnet Launch Group [EMLG] and decided to launch one mainnet for EOS. Over 100 candidate organizations participated in the vote that took place on Saturday. More than 1800 viewers watched the voting in a time frame of 45 mins.
The decisions supporting either of the “Go/No Go” votes was almost unanimous and the moderators have not reported a final count.
The vote has confirmed the initial network to go live according to plans presented during the stream. The EOS goes live with 15 percent of the outstanding tokens being staked to votes. The network has also appointed block producers who will dedicate their time to at least 48 hours of additional testing.
EOS cryptocurrency is currently being traded at $14.61 with a circulating supply of 896,149,492 EOS.
One Twitter user comments:
“Looks absolutely terrific! Thank you, for what you are doing, guys, inspiring the community!”
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
Crypto News – 25 May – Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 25 May 2019
Daily Crypto News – May 25
1) Bitcoin Wallet receives part of 5,000 BTC: A recent Whale Alert highlighted a transaction on May 24, where a large sum of Bitcoin [BTC] exchanged hands between two anonymous wallets. According to the alert the transaction took place at 22:13:23 + 1 minutes and 5,000.00001092 BTC was transferred from an unknown wallet, with address 19SiCYaYKZh9A8HUjuh14eg5wtYzKxiFbB, to another unknown wallet with address 14GcjGjxwadzcpmq9EG3KUgTKATjurbnWt.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VRQwb0
2) Bitwise Report 2.0: Bitcoin [BTC] futures continues growth: On a month-on-month basis, Bitcoin Futures saw a massive bump in April trading at an average of 10,000 contracts daily, peaking on April 4, with over 22,000 contracts traded. To put that number in perspective, in March 2019, the average contracts traded was less than 4,000. Despite the high standards set in April, the average daily contracts traded in May, with 25 days gone has exceeded 14,000 and still looks to grow, given the price performance of Bitcoin.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W40sTR
3) Craig Wright on private keys: Craig S Wright has, for years, claimed he is the true creator of Bitcoin [BTC] without providing a shred of evidence to support the same. With the crypto-community levelling, Wright could prove his worth by sending BTC from Satoshi Nakamoto’s touted wallet containing around 980,000 BTCs, the BSV man in a twisted cause and effect situation, stated he will “sign” into his wallet only when he proves he is the creator.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X6fdlw
4) Tether’s [USDT] market cap hits ATH: Tether and Bitfinex are being closely scrutinized now more than ever due to the NYAG’s lawsuit; however, the scrutiny doesn’t seem to have affected Tether as the market cap of USDT has increased by over $100 million in approximately 70 days.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2McaTjE
5) Tether volume shift: Another controversial topic in the cryptocurrency industry was the issue of fake transaction volumes on many of the popular cryptocurrency exchanges. The magnitude of the topic was so large that even Changpeng Zhao, the Chief Executive Officer [CEO] of Binance had raised red flags. This topic and Tether as a whole received another twist when Larry Cermack, the Director of Research at The Block, pointed out a few parameters when it came to the said volume.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2wmk4mJ
6) Bitfinex’s LEO tokens listed on Delta Exchange: Bitfinex’s Leo tokens faced quite a lot of criticism when they were announced, due to the missing $850 million funds from Bitfinex. The private investment round by Bitfinex also faced a lot of heat from the media. However, in a recent development, Leo tokens are being listed on various exchanges for trading.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HUEnNB
7) Robinhood en-route a projected valuation of $7 billion: Robinhood, the California-based cryptocurrency exchange made headlines recently when a source close to the organization revealed that it was on the verge of closing their latest round of funding at a valuation of a whopping $7 billion – $8 billion. Sources even claimed that the current round of funding could act as a precursor to an even bigger round of funding, which would pit Robinhood with the bigwigs like Coinbase and Binance.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W64KKj
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Bitcoin [BTC]: Debating on king coin’s transaction speed is a red herring argument, says Charlie Shrem
Bitcoin price prediction: BTC prices primed for small correction that could evolve into a major correction
Tron [TRX] surges 7.50% in an hour after Justin Sun hints at ‘huge and amazing’ announcement in TRX, BTT ecosystem
Bitcoin [BTC]: Fidelity has a ‘room full of ASIC miners’ at its Texas office, claims Justin Moon
Bitcoin nirvana is happening right now, says Max Keiser
Tron [TRX] announces future trading on OKEx platform from May 20
Bitcoin’s [BTC] Lightning Network is awesome, says Blockstream’s Samson Mow
Crypto is replacing the US Dollar and no one seems to be noticing, claims prominent investor Robert Kiyosaki
Bitcoin Cash’s [BCH] Roger Ver adds Coinbase and Binance to his ‘safe list’
Bittrex transfers 6,999,999 XRP to Upbit amid Ripple’s alleged report discrepancies
Bitcoin [BTC] is still going to $100,000, claims Heisenberg Capital’s Max Keiser
Satoshi Nakamoto is easy to get through; can be found by fools, claims John McAfee
XRP: Google Chrome extension to detect trustworthiness of select XRP addresses goes live
Ripple: SCB Thailand asks crypto-enthusiasts to wait for announcement regarding XRP adoption