IOTA, on June 16th, tweeted more on its R&D Project. It is a technology company that started in Germany in the year 2017. According to IOTA, they are:
“The first open-source distributed ledger that is being built to power the future of the Internet of Things with feeless microtransactions and data integrity for machines.”
The Ledger has set interesting targets for its R&D Projects. Some of them are working on its infrastructure to strengthen and improve its process, establishing a purpose for a distributed ledger for decentralization, recognizing the need for developer inclusion, using cryptography to formulate its techniques, and encouraging usage of IOTA for its widespread adoption.
They aim at maintaining a connection between what they are doing and where they want to go.
Moreover, to guide the flow of their creative processes required to reach goals, they have not set specific deadlines or ETAs for their R&D targets. For the people who want to know “when” it is going to happen, they would communicate more clearly about the project’s development over the next few months.
According to a Medium post, IOTA has a list of projects waiting to be implemented. Some of these projects and their goals are:
Economic Incentives: Understand the working of Tangle at scale, from a game-theoretic perspective.
- Autopeering: Finding user-friendly alternatives after understanding the risks associated with automatic peer discovery.
- Attack Analysis: Analyzing the known network attack vectors along with thorough simulation.
- Consensus Spec: A detailed spec of the consensus mechanism, building on the basic outline in the whitepaper, intended for peer review.
- Crypto Spec: A detailed spec of cryptography in IOTA, also intended for peer review.
- Co-ordicide: Analysis, modeling, and simulations for coo-less IOTA.
- Trinary hash function: Replacing the Curl-P, with the assistance of world-renowned cryptographers, and optimized for the IoT.
- Qubic: Advancing Tangle through enabled oracles, outsourced computations, and smart contracts.
- Coo-free IRI: Rebuilding IRI to allow for alternate consensus mechanisms.
- Qubic: Enabling oracles, outsourced computations, and smart contracts on the Tangle
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Bitcoin [BTC]: John McAfee predicts Bitcoin to breach the $1 million mark on 31 December, 2020
Bitcoin Cash [BCH] Price Analysis: Coin breaks resistance as bulls look to settle down
Bitcoin SV [BSV] Price Analysis: Coin ready for a bull run as markets move steadily
Litecoin [LTC] Price Analysis: Bulls set to take charge as coin recovers from earlier losses
Tron DApp Weekly Report: Tron and EOS leave Ethereum [ETH] behind in DApp race
Bitcoin [BTC] developer Jimmy Song lists 3 reasons why Bitcoin SV [BSV] is a “scam”
Bitcoin [BTC] among cryptocurrencies enabled by new debit card launched by Australian Crypto exchange
Bitcoin [BTC]: Mt Gox redemption plan demonstrates the power of open source network, says Brock Pierce
Nouriel Roubini says JP Morgan’s cryptocurrency JPM Coin is a joke; compares it to XRP
A New Generation of Crypto-Exchange: ALL IN ONE Crypto-Exchange
Ethereum [ETH] dApp users drop as EOS and Tron dominate the market
Bitcoin [BTC] Futures by the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Group reaches an all-time high in Q1 of 2019
- Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin Cash [BCH] support rolled out by Coinbase custodial wallet app
EOS and Litecoin [LTC] lead the charge as the cryptocurrency market continues to rise