Privacy is a growing concern for everyone around the world and while traditional email providers use the IMAP/SMTP transfer protocols, their centralized governance styles are raising concerns.
These legacy email providers use cumbersome and old email transfer protocols that are very susceptible to hacks and exploits. A shocking 94% of cyber attacks took place through email over the past 2 years. This resulted in $26 billion worth of losses around the world.
LedgerMail is a decentralized email solution that relies on blockchain technology to build an email ecosystem that is decentralized and gives back control to users. It also addresses the privacy and security concerns of users and gives them a secure system.
What is LedgerMail?
LedgerMail offers a decentralized email solution with the aim to protect the digital rights of email users through the utility of blockchain technology.
It provides an immutable, private and secure email service that aims to make traditional email protocols obsolete. Every email transfer on LedgerMail is treated as a transaction and validated using the XDPoS consensus mechanism.
The platform operates on the 3rd generation Hybrid blockchain platform which is a lightning-fast, accountable and enterprise-ready fabric that is based on the Delegated Proof of Stake algorithm. It has 108 transaction-validating master nodes along with another 192 standby nodes.
Some of the major features of LedgerMail are:
- Decentralization: Unlike centralized email platforms, LedgerMail stores emails over a shared ledger that is distributed over nodes across a blockchain network.
- Encryption: In order to provide users with the best encryption and security, the platform uses cryptographic algorithms, hashing functions, and an Asymmetric-key mechanism.
- Privacy: By going away with centralized governance on the platform and using asymmetric cryptography, LedgerMail makes sure that users’ privacy is given the top priority.
- Security: The platform aims to build a tamper-proof, immutable, and unhackable service that gives people a decentralized email ecosystem.
- Prevention: LedgerMail prevents data and network breaches by preventing header manipulation and overwriting to spoof email IDs.
How does it work?
LedgerMail offers a simple to use UI, users can become a part of the ecosystem through enabling the LedgerMail extension and then logging in with any of their existing email IDs. Once this is done a key phrase for login is generated and the user is all set to use the services of LedgerMail. Every user gets seed words (a private key) that are used to decrypt emails that are not stored on the LedgerMail servers.
Every email transfer takes less than 0.00125 XDC for validation. Since LedgerMail operates on a 3rd generation XDC blockchain and an XDPoS consensus mechanism, it consumes very minimal energy for each transaction. The platform itself is a Carbon Neutral Blockchain Platform and takes extremely low energy for transactions. LedgerMail is planning on an environment-friendly ecosystem through the adoption of Blockchain 4.0 and XDPoS 2.0.
LedgerMail is backed by LedgerFi IT Solutions that is based in UAE and powered by XinFin’s XDC network. It is bridging the gap between DeFi and DeCom and focusing on exchanging information, data, files, and even digital currencies.
The platform has successfully onboarded 500K+ users, has 308,453 active wallets and was able to achieve 100K+ email transactions in 24 hours. Every user has a unique blockchain wallet ID that is mapped internally with their email IDs to get better interoperability and accessibility.
To create your free account and for more information, please check out their official website.
Disclaimer: This is a paid post and should not be treated as news/advice.