In celebration of this year’s International Women’s Day, Remitano is spearheading a drive towards empowering women all around the world through cryptocurrency. To encourage female participation in the crypto space, Remitano is pledging to donate 1,000 Satoshi to a women and children’s non-profit organization for every engagement received on Facebook and Twitter on their official International Women’s Day post until 10 March 2019.
The blockchain industry has always been largely participated and led by men [> 90% of crypto users are male], where women are but a minority in the space. Women, although consists of half of the world’s population, have yet to jump on the blockchain bandwagon in large numbers and benefit from this new digital and financial revolution. In line with this year’s International Women’s Day slogan of #BalanceForBetter, it’s time to encourage a more equitable balance of gender participation and adoption in cryptocurrencies.
Remitano was created with the mandate to help everyone – both men and women – buy and sell cryptocurrencies easily and quickly through a trusted, safe and secure peer-to-peer network. Last year, Remitano also collaborated with BlockchainAngels.network to offer an exclusive blockchain seminar for women. The event attracted hundreds of women [and their boyfriends!], a remarkable number on its own for the fact that tech events in Vietnam are often male-dominant.
On this year’s International Women’s Day, Remitano is aiming to attract more women to adopt and participate in the blockchain industry through a simple fundraising exercise. At the end of this campaign, the proceeds will then be donated to a non-profit organization that focuses on helping, protecting, and empowering women and children.
Cryptocurrency is centered at financial and technological democratization. Let’s now democratize gender participation in this exciting and promising new revolution. Remitano is committed to play an active part in this move forward for women everywhere, and you can do your part too.
How to Participate:
- Go to Remitano Facebook page and Twitter account
- Go to the International Women’s Day post
- Like, comment, share, favorite, or retweet [or all]
- At the end of the campaign, Remitano will calculate the total number of engagements on the Facebook and Twitter post
- Remitano will then donate 1,000 Satoshi for every Facebook engagement to a women and children’s non-profit organization of their choice.
- 1 engagement on Facebook/Twitter = 1,000 Satoshi [1 BTC = 100,000,000 Satoshi]
- Campaign ends at 11:59 pm [GMT +7], March 10th, 2019
- Funds raised will be donated to a women and children’s non-profit organization [that will be announced by the end of March 2019]
- The maximum cap of donations will be 2 BTC
- Participation through social media engagement is optional
Remitano is an escrowed peer-to-peer cryptocurrency marketplace that enables traders to buy and sell digital currencies easily, quickly and safely. The platform is used in over 30 countries and rapidly growing, including the United States, China, Australia, Malaysia, Nigeria, Vietnam, Cambodia, and many more.
Remitano charges the lowest fees compared to other major players in the market while providing a seamless trading experience and assisted by friendly customer support 24/7. Remitano’s team comprises of industry experts and banking professionals with extensive experience in financial products, digital currencies, payment systems, and Agile software development.
For further enquiries, please feel free to get in touch with Lynn Hoang.