David Schwartz, CTO of Ripple, confirmed on Twitter that Ripple’s xCurrent 4.0 was live and that user upgrade was in progress.
Ripple’s xCurrent, one of the company’s enterprise software solutions, enables banks to settle cross-border payments with end-to-end tracking. With the help of xCurrent, banks are able to communicate with each other to confirm payments and transaction details.
David Schwartz confirmed the news after being asked on social media about the status of xCurrent 4.0. He tweeted,
David Schwartz added that the upgrade process was going to be a complicated one.
He further stated that the upgraded version on xCurrent would allow users to experience an easier integration process, which was not previously possible on the platform. Customers will be able to access xRapid support, easier peer-to-peer commute, and Multi-hop, among other major new features.
David Schwartz was further asked about the upgrade and whether the process would be a simplified upgrade protocol.
He responded that the upgrade would not be entirely straightforward as the architecture of xCurrent 4.0 was different, requiring important changes in the customer middleware.
The announcement was well received by Twitterati, with the XRP community rejoicing following the current update.
Twitter user, @XRPress stated,
“It’s aliivvvveee! Congrats on 4.0 – the ecosystem is maturing before our very eyes!”
Ripple’s long-term objective has been to create a seamless payments system across the globe, so that cross-border payments are no longer a hassle.
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Ripple CTO dismisses Coin Metrics report saying it was a ‘timeline issue’, Tron [TRX] futures to soon start trading on OKEx platform and more
Crypto News – 18 May – Ripple CTO dismisses Coin Metrics report saying it was a ‘timeline issue’, Tron [TRX] futures to soon start trading on OKEx platform and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 18 May 2019
Daily Crypto News – May 18
1) XRP-backed stablecoin: Kava Labs is developing a stablecoin, USDX, backed by XRP on a Cosmos Zone, which dynamically maintains stability to USD with decentralized mechanisms.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HE7xAv
2) BitMEX insurance funds: While some panicked when Bitcoin crashed suddenly, others remained calm and assessed the situation. It was noticed that there was a huge sell order on Bitstamp, which pushed the price of Bitcoin by ~20% in a few minutes.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VNgUaK
3) USDC do not exceed balance of US dollars: News revolving around the USD Coin [USDC] had taken a negative connotation when Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong was called out for shilling the cryptocurrency. As a way to put any fears or speculations to bed, Grant Thornton LLP, an independent accounting firm released the latest attestation report on US dollar reserves backing USDC.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2Ej5dxM
4) SatoshiPay launches Solar Wallet: SatoshiPay has been working closely and designing micro-payment apps for the Stellar Network. Earlier this year, the micro-payment solution company launched ‘Solar wallet’, a stellar network-based and user-friendly desktop wallet. The Solar Wallet has proved to be user-friendly and easy-to-use and can securely manage funds.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HrJ6HH
5) Blockstream CSO on Bitcoin: Samson Mow, Blockstream’s Chief Strategy Officer appeared in the latest Keiser Report discussion featuring Max Keiser. Talking about the satellite, Mow said that the purpose of Blockstream satellite was to provide redundancy for the Bitcoin [BTC] network.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VvuQkY
6) HitBTC is insolvent, claim customers: According to a series of tweets by CryptoMedication, from Zerononcense, cryptocurrency analytics and research firm, the exchange is “insolvent”. The Twitter handler exclaimed his surprise that the exchange was “still in operation” as they had only 350,000 BTCs after their liquidation.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2JtlOTK
7) Weiss Ratings on Bitcoin’s price movement: Weiss Ratings, the crypto-specific rankings company, which, at times has rubbed the cryptocurrency industry the wrong way on predictions, suggested an absence of “manipulation” and termed the fiasco as a “normal market correction”.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2JrYtlE
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Binance Coin [BNB] registers ATH as it surges by over 16,000% since inception
Bitcoin Cash’s hashrate comes dangerously close to being controlled by one mining pool
Bitfinex: Upper echelons of exchange’s board sparks debate; compliance cross-over?
Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and other altcoins follow Bitcoin’s lead and pump by more than 6% in under 2 hours
Bitcoin surges by ~7% in under an hour; Has the rally finished correcting?
Tron [TRX]: Justin Sun short-changes new winner; awards USD equivalent instead of a Tesla
Fidelity will stick to top cryptos like Bitcoin or XRP, says Morgan Creek’s Anthony Pompliano
Cardano [ADA]’s Charles Hoskinson says ADA will become top coin in the market if the current momentum continues
SEC shows green light to new Silicon Valley stock exchange LTSE; boosts cryptocurrency inclusion
Litecoin [LTC] bought at $100k on Binance when coin was trading at $90
Tron’s [TRX] transaction volume breaks historical highs of Ethereum [ETH] and EOS
Crypto is replacing the US Dollar and no one seems to be noticing, claims prominent investor Robert Kiyosaki
XRP-backed stablecoin, USDX, is under development, confirms Kava Labs Co-founder
Bitcoin sheds more than $1,500 in less than 2 hours; Longs worth $207 million liquidated on BitMEX