Crypto News – 21 May – SEC delays VanEck Bitcoin ETF decision, Ripple CEO on crypto’s future and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 21 May 2019
Daily Crypto News – May 21
1) TD Ameritrade invests in Eris-X: According to an official announcement, the organization revealed that they had made an investment in ErisX, a company which is planning to offer both cryptocurrency spot contracts and future contracts in a single exchange.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2w7Udiu
2) Tron DApps achieve new feat: Compared to Ethereum [ETH] and EOS, Tron registered a higher number of new users and active users. It noted 60k new users, while Ethereum reported 25K and EOS reported 9k. The active users on Tron’s DApps platform were 172k, followed by EOS with 170k and ETH with 54k.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2M0a4dN
3) Tron Weekly Report: The report said that the foundation had tested the block broadcast optimization solution, and the optimization solution for energy deduction in transaction failure. However, the Foundation was still working on the on-chain rate of transactions, which were broadcasted by GPRC.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HDahhu
4) Bitrefill launches giftwards on Amazon China: This year saw the highest number of collaborations aimed at crypto-enablement. In yet another addition to the growing list of such collaborations, Amazon China has partnered with a Lightning network service provider, Bitrefill.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2WftMWQ
5) Bug bounty hunters receive huge reward: According to latest reports, ethical hackers ‘earned’ almost $32,000 in seven weeks by fixing bugs on Tron, Brave, EOS, Coinbase, and more, via bug bounty programs. Between March 28 and May 16, almost 15 blockchain ventures paid rewards to security researchers for finding vulnerabilities.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2M1SjL0
6) Circle’s Jeremy Allaire on SEC: In a recent blog post, the CEO stated that digital assets were a “fundamental new class of financial instruments”, one which could not be clubbed with categories such as securities, commodities, and currencies.
Read more at https://bit.ly/30uGrV7
7) Binance’s CZ global crypto-adoption: While speaking at the 10th Asian Leadership Conference 2019 in South Korea, Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao aka CZ, commented, “If you don’t want to be left out in the future, you will have to embrace it.” CZ added that cryptocurrencies “could not be ignored” and added that the ones who are doing so would end up making themselves “poorer”.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2LWYxvH
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Justin Sun on shaking down the Internet, Coin Metrics on Kin’s blockchain activity and more
Crypto News – 26 June – Justin Sun on shaking down the Internet, Coin Metrics on Kin’s blockchain activity and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) June 26, 2019
Crypto News – 26 June
Bitcoin breaches new resistances: In a sensational run that saw the coin surge by 15% over 24 hours, the world’s largest cryptocurrency breached the $12,000 mark, while also briefly touching the $13,000 mark, before falling again
Read more at https://bit.ly/2ZMkS10
Tone Vays on Bitcoin’s biggest strength: Tone Vays opined that Bitcoin’s biggest strength was the fact that it was completely “unconfiscatable” and that one’s BTC is completely safe if it is protected and secured with attention
Read more at https://bit.ly/2RD2BjL
Tron Foundation launches new inititative: Justin Sun’s Tron Foundation announced a $20 million TRX buy-back plan to promote community activity and market stability
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X8aA9W
Joe Kernen on Bitcoin, Libra: The once crypto-skeptic, CNBC Squawk Box’s Joe Kernen is of the opinion that Libra is for corporations, while Bitcoin is for the people
Read more at https://bit.ly/31MkqSa
Bloomberg on JPM Coin: According to a report by Bloomberg, the Jaime Dimon-led institution plans to launch the JPM coin and use it for bond transactions
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X75DTr
Fundstrat report on stablecoins: According to a recent report by New York-based Fundstrat Global Advisors, the FS CryptoFX Stablecoin index fell by a whopping 21 percent against BTC, with Gemini outperforming Tether [USDT]
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X5qPJw
BitGo’s latest collaboration: Bitcoin IRA has announced that it will be teaming up with BitGo to launch crypto-retirement accounts insured for $100 million
Read more at https://bit.ly/31UvjBz
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter