Tron [TRX]’s surge in the new year has created ripples in the cryptocurrency world with several updates and developments coming out of the Tron Foundation’s stables. The announcements have generally come in from the Foundation’s Chief Executive Officer, Justin Sun. The Tron official has been instrumental in propagating the cryptocurrency, a role that he has carried forward in his latest reveal too.
On January 15, Justin Sun announced that Tron had partnered with ABCC, making the cryptocurrency exchange the first platform to list TRX10 tokens. He had tweeted:
“ABCC Exchange is truly an awesome platform that has witnessed great development. We are glad to partner with #ABCC as it’s the first exchange listing #TRX10 tokens. #TRON #TRX $TRX”
The exchange itself had tweeted about it, leading many users to connect the price rise to the development. ABCC Exchange had said:
“We are excited to announce our partnership with @Tronfoundation ahead of #niTROn2019! @Justinsuntron #ABCC is the 1st exchange that will list #TRX 10 tokens – We are one of the top exchanges with great security and user interface. Stay tuned!#Blockchain mass adoption is coming”
Tron received another boost when the token was listed on OKCoin, a move considered to push the Juin Sun led cryptocurrency into the mainstream realm. OKCoin’s press release stated:
“We are pleased to announce that TRX is now listed on the OKCoin exchange. Starting today, authorized OKCoin customers can acquire TRX by depositing US dollars or Argentine pesos, and starting on January 17th they’ll be able to trade TRX against USD, BTC, and ETH.”
Justin Sun’s presence in the cryptoverse was made even more apparent when he debunked accusations concerning TRC10 BitTorrent token [BTT]. Sun had rebutted against the former BitTorrent CSO had said that the Tron CEO was not technically sound when it came to cryptocurrencies. As a reply Sun stated:
“The BitTorrent token project recently became the subject of an article about whether TRON provides the necessary processing capacity to handle the thousands of transactions per second required to make tokenizing BitTorrent work.”
He further added:
“BitTorrent parted ways with the former employee quoted in the article upon the early July completion of the acquisition. Since then, our BitTorrent engineering team has been joining their peer-to-peer expertise with TRON’s blockchain team on our shared vision of remaking the internet.”
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
Crypto News – 25 May – Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 25 May 2019
Daily Crypto News – May 25
1) Bitcoin Wallet receives part of 5,000 BTC: A recent Whale Alert highlighted a transaction on May 24, where a large sum of Bitcoin [BTC] exchanged hands between two anonymous wallets. According to the alert the transaction took place at 22:13:23 + 1 minutes and 5,000.00001092 BTC was transferred from an unknown wallet, with address 19SiCYaYKZh9A8HUjuh14eg5wtYzKxiFbB, to another unknown wallet with address 14GcjGjxwadzcpmq9EG3KUgTKATjurbnWt.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VRQwb0
2) Bitwise Report 2.0: Bitcoin [BTC] futures continues growth: On a month-on-month basis, Bitcoin Futures saw a massive bump in April trading at an average of 10,000 contracts daily, peaking on April 4, with over 22,000 contracts traded. To put that number in perspective, in March 2019, the average contracts traded was less than 4,000. Despite the high standards set in April, the average daily contracts traded in May, with 25 days gone has exceeded 14,000 and still looks to grow, given the price performance of Bitcoin.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W40sTR
3) Craig Wright on private keys: Craig S Wright has, for years, claimed he is the true creator of Bitcoin [BTC] without providing a shred of evidence to support the same. With the crypto-community levelling, Wright could prove his worth by sending BTC from Satoshi Nakamoto’s touted wallet containing around 980,000 BTCs, the BSV man in a twisted cause and effect situation, stated he will “sign” into his wallet only when he proves he is the creator.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X6fdlw
4) Tether’s [USDT] market cap hits ATH: Tether and Bitfinex are being closely scrutinized now more than ever due to the NYAG’s lawsuit; however, the scrutiny doesn’t seem to have affected Tether as the market cap of USDT has increased by over $100 million in approximately 70 days.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2McaTjE
5) Tether volume shift: Another controversial topic in the cryptocurrency industry was the issue of fake transaction volumes on many of the popular cryptocurrency exchanges. The magnitude of the topic was so large that even Changpeng Zhao, the Chief Executive Officer [CEO] of Binance had raised red flags. This topic and Tether as a whole received another twist when Larry Cermack, the Director of Research at The Block, pointed out a few parameters when it came to the said volume.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2wmk4mJ
6) Bitfinex’s LEO tokens listed on Delta Exchange: Bitfinex’s Leo tokens faced quite a lot of criticism when they were announced, due to the missing $850 million funds from Bitfinex. The private investment round by Bitfinex also faced a lot of heat from the media. However, in a recent development, Leo tokens are being listed on various exchanges for trading.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HUEnNB
7) Robinhood en-route a projected valuation of $7 billion: Robinhood, the California-based cryptocurrency exchange made headlines recently when a source close to the organization revealed that it was on the verge of closing their latest round of funding at a valuation of a whopping $7 billion – $8 billion. Sources even claimed that the current round of funding could act as a precursor to an even bigger round of funding, which would pit Robinhood with the bigwigs like Coinbase and Binance.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W64KKj
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Bitcoin nirvana is happening right now, says Max Keiser
Bitcoin [BTC]: General manager of BIS says Bitcoin and blockchain technology should be explored to its limits
Bitcoin [BTC]: Mati Greenspan claims ‘$200 move can easily lead to a $2,000 move’
Bitcoin [BTC] and Litecoin [LTC] Price Analysis: BTC and LTC bulls defend position
Dubai-based exchange BitOasis allegedly delists Monero [XMR], ZCash [ZEC] without informing users
Tron [TRX] announces future trading on OKEx platform from May 20
Bitcoin’s [BTC] Lightning Network is awesome, says Blockstream’s Samson Mow
Crypto is replacing the US Dollar and no one seems to be noticing, claims prominent investor Robert Kiyosaki
Bitcoin Cash’s [BCH] Roger Ver adds Coinbase and Binance to his ‘safe list’
Bittrex transfers 6,999,999 XRP to Upbit amid Ripple’s alleged report discrepancies
Bitcoin [BTC] is still going to $100,000, claims Heisenberg Capital’s Max Keiser
Satoshi Nakamoto is easy to get through; can be found by fools, claims John McAfee
XRP: Google Chrome extension to detect trustworthiness of select XRP addresses goes live
Ripple: SCB Thailand asks crypto-enthusiasts to wait for announcement regarding XRP adoption