Justin Sun, the Founder and CEO of Tron Foundation, announced the launch of the new web portal of uTorrent, a client of BitTorrent, which was recently acquired by Tron. During the TVM launch, Justin stated that all the clients of BitTorrent, including uTorrent, will be Tron clients.
Justin Sun said:
“Say Hi to µTorrent Web, a torrent client for the
#streaming age! Thanks @utorrent and @BitTorrent teams for creating this amazing product. Download the Windows version and let us what do you think! App supported by Mac in the works”
According to the announcement made by the Foundation, BitTorrent and uTorrent teams have been working together for the launch of this new product, uTorrent Web for several months. The Foundation stated that they are ‘excited’ to launch the web-based product which is simple and allows quick download.
In addition, Cory Keller, the Product Designer of uTorrent web team briefed the community on the use case of the new product. Cory believes that the next generation of torrenting is with uTorrent.
“So, its the streaming age and here at BitTorrent, we understand that nobody wants to wait for a progress bar to hit a 100% before they can hit play and watch or listen to something. I’m going over a few details in the product, uTorrent wen to show you just how you can do that.”
The uTorrent web is a browser-based Torrent client which is ready to launch. The product will be available on Windows and the team is working towards launching it on Mac. uTorrent web is available on Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer Edge and in many languages.
With this product, users can search and play from the Torrent files or magnet link while they download. This can be done without the user requiring to leave their browser in order to look for files or other applications.
Along with the feature of play the video or listening to music while downloading, the product will save all the files locally for the user to use. Users can also download any file type whether it is a media or not, choose to save it in the folder of their preference.
Moreover, the product tackles with the threat of malware, which is the rising concern of the users. For this, uTorrent has partnered with Adaware, an Internet Security, and Privacy company. They have a browser extension for Chrome and Opera called Browers80.
The extension will be active when a user searches for a torrent and scans the search result for malware. This prevents a harmful site from loading on the user’s browser.
“BitTorrent is going to be absolute key in a type of decentralized streaming service. Great for content creators and studios.”
Greenpc, another Redditor said:
“Couldn’t this already be done? It’s been a minute since I used utorrent but I thought watching while downloading was an option years ago.”
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
Crypto News – 25 May – Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 25 May 2019
Daily Crypto News – May 25
1) Bitcoin Wallet receives part of 5,000 BTC: A recent Whale Alert highlighted a transaction on May 24, where a large sum of Bitcoin [BTC] exchanged hands between two anonymous wallets. According to the alert the transaction took place at 22:13:23 + 1 minutes and 5,000.00001092 BTC was transferred from an unknown wallet, with address 19SiCYaYKZh9A8HUjuh14eg5wtYzKxiFbB, to another unknown wallet with address 14GcjGjxwadzcpmq9EG3KUgTKATjurbnWt.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VRQwb0
2) Bitwise Report 2.0: Bitcoin [BTC] futures continues growth: On a month-on-month basis, Bitcoin Futures saw a massive bump in April trading at an average of 10,000 contracts daily, peaking on April 4, with over 22,000 contracts traded. To put that number in perspective, in March 2019, the average contracts traded was less than 4,000. Despite the high standards set in April, the average daily contracts traded in May, with 25 days gone has exceeded 14,000 and still looks to grow, given the price performance of Bitcoin.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W40sTR
3) Craig Wright on private keys: Craig S Wright has, for years, claimed he is the true creator of Bitcoin [BTC] without providing a shred of evidence to support the same. With the crypto-community levelling, Wright could prove his worth by sending BTC from Satoshi Nakamoto’s touted wallet containing around 980,000 BTCs, the BSV man in a twisted cause and effect situation, stated he will “sign” into his wallet only when he proves he is the creator.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X6fdlw
4) Tether’s [USDT] market cap hits ATH: Tether and Bitfinex are being closely scrutinized now more than ever due to the NYAG’s lawsuit; however, the scrutiny doesn’t seem to have affected Tether as the market cap of USDT has increased by over $100 million in approximately 70 days.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2McaTjE
5) Tether volume shift: Another controversial topic in the cryptocurrency industry was the issue of fake transaction volumes on many of the popular cryptocurrency exchanges. The magnitude of the topic was so large that even Changpeng Zhao, the Chief Executive Officer [CEO] of Binance had raised red flags. This topic and Tether as a whole received another twist when Larry Cermack, the Director of Research at The Block, pointed out a few parameters when it came to the said volume.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2wmk4mJ
6) Bitfinex’s LEO tokens listed on Delta Exchange: Bitfinex’s Leo tokens faced quite a lot of criticism when they were announced, due to the missing $850 million funds from Bitfinex. The private investment round by Bitfinex also faced a lot of heat from the media. However, in a recent development, Leo tokens are being listed on various exchanges for trading.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HUEnNB
7) Robinhood en-route a projected valuation of $7 billion: Robinhood, the California-based cryptocurrency exchange made headlines recently when a source close to the organization revealed that it was on the verge of closing their latest round of funding at a valuation of a whopping $7 billion – $8 billion. Sources even claimed that the current round of funding could act as a precursor to an even bigger round of funding, which would pit Robinhood with the bigwigs like Coinbase and Binance.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W64KKj
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Bitcoin nirvana is happening right now, says Max Keiser
Bitcoin [BTC]: General manager of BIS says Bitcoin and blockchain technology should be explored to its limits
Bitcoin [BTC]: Mati Greenspan claims ‘$200 move can easily lead to a $2,000 move’
Bitcoin [BTC] and Litecoin [LTC] Price Analysis: BTC and LTC bulls defend position
Dubai-based exchange BitOasis allegedly delists Monero [XMR], ZCash [ZEC] without informing users
Tron [TRX] announces future trading on OKEx platform from May 20
Bitcoin’s [BTC] Lightning Network is awesome, says Blockstream’s Samson Mow
Crypto is replacing the US Dollar and no one seems to be noticing, claims prominent investor Robert Kiyosaki
Bitcoin Cash’s [BCH] Roger Ver adds Coinbase and Binance to his ‘safe list’
Bittrex transfers 6,999,999 XRP to Upbit amid Ripple’s alleged report discrepancies
Bitcoin [BTC] is still going to $100,000, claims Heisenberg Capital’s Max Keiser
Satoshi Nakamoto is easy to get through; can be found by fools, claims John McAfee
XRP: Google Chrome extension to detect trustworthiness of select XRP addresses goes live
Ripple: SCB Thailand asks crypto-enthusiasts to wait for announcement regarding XRP adoption