The speculations and skepticism all began with the crowdfunding hosted by Verge [XVG] last month. They had a target of collecting 75 million worth XVG. This funding campaign was a cause of some mystery partnership to be revealed in future, as they stated earlier. Since then there were no announcements or updates relating to this.
The big day has finally come close, the mystery partnership is due to be announced tomorrow, April 17th.
Some unconfirmed news has pointed towards TokenPay as the mystery partner. This is a very probable guess for all those close observers as TokenPay tweeted on April 8th about an update of a meeting held in Munich.
TokenPay retweeted this, earlier today:
Well, this was clarified by Derek Capo, CEO of TokenPay, officially with a tweet stating:
“There is a lot of speculation that TokenPay is the mystery partner for Verge, the answer is no. However, we do have a lot of plans to integrate XVG into a lot of services we plan to offer soon. The crypto community needs more partnerships to increase adoption of crypto.”
Verge tweeted about the big event too, saying they are eager to reveal the partnership as promised earlier. Adding on, they said that the money collected during the crowdfunding was being used in ledger NANO integration as well as being used to create a payment gateway to fit in their partner’s need.
Baran, a Twitterati says:
“You did some good work. Well done. I once believed in this coin. But everything they do seems so shady.”
The crowdfunding had some major impacts on XVG’s pricing and value as the experts claim. Verge displayed a tremendous growth and walked away as the winner last week. XVG has been punching above its weight in trading volume all week and is currently priced at $0.082 as seen at 7.40 am UTC.
With many speculations going around in the market, people have commented on various social media:
Johnny Hernandez, a speculator tweeted:
“You should be ashamed for taking money from your community to lock in a partnership. Seen rumours about ledger not knowing about verge integration and ledger integration only costing $20,000. Thoughts?”
Edward, a verge HODLer says:
“I wouldn’t call “taking a donation for NANO integration” a fraud. That’s a pretty legit reason to use crowdfunds – as opposed to just using excess cash to pay out bonuses to CEO’s as most corporations do with excess funds from their inflated stock options.”
Steve Simon, an XVG holder said:
“This team has shown heart. Verge family is the best token community, period. If this is an exit scam, you got me. However, this community-based coin has decentralization for a better world at its nucleus.”
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
Crypto News – 25 May – Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 25 May 2019
Daily Crypto News – May 25
1) Bitcoin Wallet receives part of 5,000 BTC: A recent Whale Alert highlighted a transaction on May 24, where a large sum of Bitcoin [BTC] exchanged hands between two anonymous wallets. According to the alert the transaction took place at 22:13:23 + 1 minutes and 5,000.00001092 BTC was transferred from an unknown wallet, with address 19SiCYaYKZh9A8HUjuh14eg5wtYzKxiFbB, to another unknown wallet with address 14GcjGjxwadzcpmq9EG3KUgTKATjurbnWt.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VRQwb0
2) Bitwise Report 2.0: Bitcoin [BTC] futures continues growth: On a month-on-month basis, Bitcoin Futures saw a massive bump in April trading at an average of 10,000 contracts daily, peaking on April 4, with over 22,000 contracts traded. To put that number in perspective, in March 2019, the average contracts traded was less than 4,000. Despite the high standards set in April, the average daily contracts traded in May, with 25 days gone has exceeded 14,000 and still looks to grow, given the price performance of Bitcoin.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W40sTR
3) Craig Wright on private keys: Craig S Wright has, for years, claimed he is the true creator of Bitcoin [BTC] without providing a shred of evidence to support the same. With the crypto-community levelling, Wright could prove his worth by sending BTC from Satoshi Nakamoto’s touted wallet containing around 980,000 BTCs, the BSV man in a twisted cause and effect situation, stated he will “sign” into his wallet only when he proves he is the creator.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X6fdlw
4) Tether’s [USDT] market cap hits ATH: Tether and Bitfinex are being closely scrutinized now more than ever due to the NYAG’s lawsuit; however, the scrutiny doesn’t seem to have affected Tether as the market cap of USDT has increased by over $100 million in approximately 70 days.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2McaTjE
5) Tether volume shift: Another controversial topic in the cryptocurrency industry was the issue of fake transaction volumes on many of the popular cryptocurrency exchanges. The magnitude of the topic was so large that even Changpeng Zhao, the Chief Executive Officer [CEO] of Binance had raised red flags. This topic and Tether as a whole received another twist when Larry Cermack, the Director of Research at The Block, pointed out a few parameters when it came to the said volume.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2wmk4mJ
6) Bitfinex’s LEO tokens listed on Delta Exchange: Bitfinex’s Leo tokens faced quite a lot of criticism when they were announced, due to the missing $850 million funds from Bitfinex. The private investment round by Bitfinex also faced a lot of heat from the media. However, in a recent development, Leo tokens are being listed on various exchanges for trading.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HUEnNB
7) Robinhood en-route a projected valuation of $7 billion: Robinhood, the California-based cryptocurrency exchange made headlines recently when a source close to the organization revealed that it was on the verge of closing their latest round of funding at a valuation of a whopping $7 billion – $8 billion. Sources even claimed that the current round of funding could act as a precursor to an even bigger round of funding, which would pit Robinhood with the bigwigs like Coinbase and Binance.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W64KKj
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Bitcoin nirvana is happening right now, says Max Keiser
Bitcoin [BTC]: General manager of BIS says Bitcoin and blockchain technology should be explored to its limits
Bitcoin [BTC]: Mati Greenspan claims ‘$200 move can easily lead to a $2,000 move’
Bitcoin [BTC] and Litecoin [LTC] Price Analysis: BTC and LTC bulls defend position
Dubai-based exchange BitOasis allegedly delists Monero [XMR], ZCash [ZEC] without informing users
Tron [TRX] announces future trading on OKEx platform from May 20
Bitcoin’s [BTC] Lightning Network is awesome, says Blockstream’s Samson Mow
Crypto is replacing the US Dollar and no one seems to be noticing, claims prominent investor Robert Kiyosaki
Bitcoin Cash’s [BCH] Roger Ver adds Coinbase and Binance to his ‘safe list’
Bittrex transfers 6,999,999 XRP to Upbit amid Ripple’s alleged report discrepancies
Bitcoin [BTC] is still going to $100,000, claims Heisenberg Capital’s Max Keiser
Satoshi Nakamoto is easy to get through; can be found by fools, claims John McAfee
XRP: Google Chrome extension to detect trustworthiness of select XRP addresses goes live
Ripple: SCB Thailand asks crypto-enthusiasts to wait for announcement regarding XRP adoption