The cryptocurrency market and its volatile behavior has been going on for quite some time now with several of the best performers seeing significant price slumps, as well as pumps. It is in this background, that OKEx, a Malta-based cryptocurrency exchange launched XRP and Bitcoin Cash [BCH] in the C2C market while delisting others at the same time.
OKEx users can now buy and sell the newly listed tokens with supported fiat currencies – British Pound (GBP), Chinese Renminbi (CNY), Vietnamese Dong (VND), Russian Ruble (RUB) and Thai Baht (THB). The organization, in an official release, stated:
“OKEx C2C trading platform aims to provide a convenient and accessible way for public to better understanding of the application of digital assets and blockchain technology. The platform facilitates the trades between users by offering a low-volatility market and zero transaction fee.”
At the time of writing, XRP was trading at $0.32 with a trade volume of $16.42 million on OKEx. The latest news may push the exchange to become a major holder of XRP, with OKEx currently taking the 11th position on the exchange rank list.
The cryptocurrency exchange earlier announced that three other cryptocurrency exchanges will be delisted from the platform. The three cryptocurrencies are NEO, QTUM and Exchange Union [XUC].
In terms of Ethereum, OKEx held a slightly higher position ie. 10th. At press time, Ethereum was trading for $148.86 with a 24-hour trading volume of $81.992 million on OKEx. Recently, OKEx was also in the news when Tron [TRX] opened for perpetual swap trading on the platform.
The OKEx approval was another feather in XRP’s cap as the cryptocurrency was talked about by multiple luminaries in the field. The latest proponent to speak about it was Yoshitaka Kitao, the Chief Executive Officer of SBI. Kitao said,
“Because XRP is already beginning to become international, xRapid will be used for fund transfers in 2019. By increasing the so-called XRP’s plastic use, we anticipate that the [Ripple] market capitalization will easily exceed the market capitalization of Bitcoin (BTC).”
The CEO further touched upon SBI’s use of Corda saying,
“You can use R3’s ‘Corda’ for international remittance, but Corda Settler and XRP use this because they have high affinity. That’s why the SWIFT partnership with R3 (Corda) is good news that brings bright materials to the market… What I emphasize is to combine R3 and Ripple to make XRP thoroughly practical useable.”
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
Crypto News – 25 May – Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 25 May 2019
Daily Crypto News – May 25
1) Bitcoin Wallet receives part of 5,000 BTC: A recent Whale Alert highlighted a transaction on May 24, where a large sum of Bitcoin [BTC] exchanged hands between two anonymous wallets. According to the alert the transaction took place at 22:13:23 + 1 minutes and 5,000.00001092 BTC was transferred from an unknown wallet, with address 19SiCYaYKZh9A8HUjuh14eg5wtYzKxiFbB, to another unknown wallet with address 14GcjGjxwadzcpmq9EG3KUgTKATjurbnWt.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VRQwb0
2) Bitwise Report 2.0: Bitcoin [BTC] futures continues growth: On a month-on-month basis, Bitcoin Futures saw a massive bump in April trading at an average of 10,000 contracts daily, peaking on April 4, with over 22,000 contracts traded. To put that number in perspective, in March 2019, the average contracts traded was less than 4,000. Despite the high standards set in April, the average daily contracts traded in May, with 25 days gone has exceeded 14,000 and still looks to grow, given the price performance of Bitcoin.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W40sTR
3) Craig Wright on private keys: Craig S Wright has, for years, claimed he is the true creator of Bitcoin [BTC] without providing a shred of evidence to support the same. With the crypto-community levelling, Wright could prove his worth by sending BTC from Satoshi Nakamoto’s touted wallet containing around 980,000 BTCs, the BSV man in a twisted cause and effect situation, stated he will “sign” into his wallet only when he proves he is the creator.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X6fdlw
4) Tether’s [USDT] market cap hits ATH: Tether and Bitfinex are being closely scrutinized now more than ever due to the NYAG’s lawsuit; however, the scrutiny doesn’t seem to have affected Tether as the market cap of USDT has increased by over $100 million in approximately 70 days.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2McaTjE
5) Tether volume shift: Another controversial topic in the cryptocurrency industry was the issue of fake transaction volumes on many of the popular cryptocurrency exchanges. The magnitude of the topic was so large that even Changpeng Zhao, the Chief Executive Officer [CEO] of Binance had raised red flags. This topic and Tether as a whole received another twist when Larry Cermack, the Director of Research at The Block, pointed out a few parameters when it came to the said volume.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2wmk4mJ
6) Bitfinex’s LEO tokens listed on Delta Exchange: Bitfinex’s Leo tokens faced quite a lot of criticism when they were announced, due to the missing $850 million funds from Bitfinex. The private investment round by Bitfinex also faced a lot of heat from the media. However, in a recent development, Leo tokens are being listed on various exchanges for trading.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HUEnNB
7) Robinhood en-route a projected valuation of $7 billion: Robinhood, the California-based cryptocurrency exchange made headlines recently when a source close to the organization revealed that it was on the verge of closing their latest round of funding at a valuation of a whopping $7 billion – $8 billion. Sources even claimed that the current round of funding could act as a precursor to an even bigger round of funding, which would pit Robinhood with the bigwigs like Coinbase and Binance.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W64KKj
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Crypto Lark applauds CoinGecko’s latest roll out ‘trust score’ to keep tabs on fake volumes
Bitcoin Cash [BCH]: ‘The real Bitcoin’s’ hardfork spectacle grabs the attention of the entire community again
Bitcoin Dominance Index [BDI] falls short of Bletchley Ethereum Token Index [BETI] in 2019
Bitcoin Cash’s [BCH] Roger Ver accuses Tone Vays of losing BCH vs BTC bet despite ‘cheating’
EOS, Tron [TRX] and Ethereum [ETH] are top three cryptocurrencies, says China’s CCID Group
Tron [TRX] announces future trading on OKEx platform from May 20
Bitcoin’s [BTC] Lightning Network is awesome, says Blockstream’s Samson Mow
Crypto is replacing the US Dollar and no one seems to be noticing, claims prominent investor Robert Kiyosaki
Bitcoin Cash’s [BCH] Roger Ver adds Coinbase and Binance to his ‘safe list’
Bittrex transfers 6,999,999 XRP to Upbit amid Ripple’s alleged report discrepancies
Bitcoin [BTC] is still going to $100,000, claims Heisenberg Capital’s Max Keiser
Satoshi Nakamoto is easy to get through; can be found by fools, claims John McAfee
XRP: Google Chrome extension to detect trustworthiness of select XRP addresses goes live
DigiByte [DGB]: Nationwide Merchant Solutions sets up DGB payments for businesses and merchants