A vast majority of cryptocurrency organizations have been trying to integrate digital assets with the existing financial system. Ripple has been a prime example of this process, with the Brad Garlinghouse-led company announcing multiple partnerships with mainstream banks and other fiat-enabled bodies. Ripple’s affiliation with XRP, the third largest cryptocurrency in the market, is also reflected in XRP’s focus on cross-border transactions and creating an easy global payments system.
Wietse Wind, Creator of the XRP Tip Bot, gave another major push to XRP’s cause after he revealed that he was trying to obtain a banking license for XRP Tip Bot, which will make it mainstream in the world of finance. During a recent XRP meetup, Wind said,
“There’s been a lot of FUD around XRP and Ripple and such and we want to show that we are working towards something really awesome and useful. We are planning to get real licenses for tipbot so that we go mainstream. Granted we are still in the early stage but we are doing our very best to make it happen. Our next step is to get a European banking license and maybe call it the ‘legacy network’. Let’s see where we can get in a few years.”
The news spread like wildfire in the XRP community and a majority of the ‘XRP army’ could not contain its excitement. Tiffany Hayden, a popular XRP proponent, tweeted,
“The BIG news from yesterday’s $XRP meetup is that @WietseWind is in the process of obtaining a banking license for @[email protected] is going to bridge the legacy network! Don’t fight the old, build the new!”
Ripple’s technologies have been slowly but surely getting nods from institutions, as shown by Bitstamp, an xRapid payments-facilitated exchange getting a BitLicense from the New York Department of Financial Services [DFS].
Linda A. Lacewell, Acting Financial Services Superintendent of New York State Department of Financial Services [DFS] had said,
“We are pleased to welcome Bitstamp to New York’s growing virtual currency marketplace. A regulated industry protects customers while supporting innovation and ensuring our financial services sector is a vibrant part of New York’s economy.”
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
Crypto News – 25 May – Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 25 May 2019
Daily Crypto News – May 25
1) Bitcoin Wallet receives part of 5,000 BTC: A recent Whale Alert highlighted a transaction on May 24, where a large sum of Bitcoin [BTC] exchanged hands between two anonymous wallets. According to the alert the transaction took place at 22:13:23 + 1 minutes and 5,000.00001092 BTC was transferred from an unknown wallet, with address 19SiCYaYKZh9A8HUjuh14eg5wtYzKxiFbB, to another unknown wallet with address 14GcjGjxwadzcpmq9EG3KUgTKATjurbnWt.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VRQwb0
2) Bitwise Report 2.0: Bitcoin [BTC] futures continues growth: On a month-on-month basis, Bitcoin Futures saw a massive bump in April trading at an average of 10,000 contracts daily, peaking on April 4, with over 22,000 contracts traded. To put that number in perspective, in March 2019, the average contracts traded was less than 4,000. Despite the high standards set in April, the average daily contracts traded in May, with 25 days gone has exceeded 14,000 and still looks to grow, given the price performance of Bitcoin.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W40sTR
3) Craig Wright on private keys: Craig S Wright has, for years, claimed he is the true creator of Bitcoin [BTC] without providing a shred of evidence to support the same. With the crypto-community levelling, Wright could prove his worth by sending BTC from Satoshi Nakamoto’s touted wallet containing around 980,000 BTCs, the BSV man in a twisted cause and effect situation, stated he will “sign” into his wallet only when he proves he is the creator.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X6fdlw
4) Tether’s [USDT] market cap hits ATH: Tether and Bitfinex are being closely scrutinized now more than ever due to the NYAG’s lawsuit; however, the scrutiny doesn’t seem to have affected Tether as the market cap of USDT has increased by over $100 million in approximately 70 days.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2McaTjE
5) Tether volume shift: Another controversial topic in the cryptocurrency industry was the issue of fake transaction volumes on many of the popular cryptocurrency exchanges. The magnitude of the topic was so large that even Changpeng Zhao, the Chief Executive Officer [CEO] of Binance had raised red flags. This topic and Tether as a whole received another twist when Larry Cermack, the Director of Research at The Block, pointed out a few parameters when it came to the said volume.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2wmk4mJ
6) Bitfinex’s LEO tokens listed on Delta Exchange: Bitfinex’s Leo tokens faced quite a lot of criticism when they were announced, due to the missing $850 million funds from Bitfinex. The private investment round by Bitfinex also faced a lot of heat from the media. However, in a recent development, Leo tokens are being listed on various exchanges for trading.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HUEnNB
7) Robinhood en-route a projected valuation of $7 billion: Robinhood, the California-based cryptocurrency exchange made headlines recently when a source close to the organization revealed that it was on the verge of closing their latest round of funding at a valuation of a whopping $7 billion – $8 billion. Sources even claimed that the current round of funding could act as a precursor to an even bigger round of funding, which would pit Robinhood with the bigwigs like Coinbase and Binance.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W64KKj
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Bitcoin Cash [BCH]: ‘The real Bitcoin’s’ hardfork spectacle grabs the attention of the entire community again
Bitcoin Dominance Index [BDI] falls short of Bletchley Ethereum Token Index [BETI] in 2019
Bitcoin Cash’s [BCH] Roger Ver accuses Tone Vays of losing BCH vs BTC bet despite ‘cheating’
EOS, Tron [TRX] and Ethereum [ETH] are top three cryptocurrencies, says China’s CCID Group
HitBTC responds to allegations of insolvency, refutes claims made by Redditors
Tron [TRX] announces future trading on OKEx platform from May 20
Bitcoin’s [BTC] Lightning Network is awesome, says Blockstream’s Samson Mow
Crypto is replacing the US Dollar and no one seems to be noticing, claims prominent investor Robert Kiyosaki
Bitcoin Cash’s [BCH] Roger Ver adds Coinbase and Binance to his ‘safe list’
Bittrex transfers 6,999,999 XRP to Upbit amid Ripple’s alleged report discrepancies
Bitcoin [BTC] is still going to $100,000, claims Heisenberg Capital’s Max Keiser
Satoshi Nakamoto is easy to get through; can be found by fools, claims John McAfee
XRP: Google Chrome extension to detect trustworthiness of select XRP addresses goes live
DigiByte [DGB]: Nationwide Merchant Solutions sets up DGB payments for businesses and merchants