On July 20th, Zcash released its weekly update report on its official forum. Currently, the team is on a 3-week sprint that began last week. In its blog, Zcash gave updates on its various teams and their roles in the system, such as the Zcashd team, Ecosystem team, Documentation team and more.
Zcashd teams’ focus points on the Zcashd Client:
- Support for the Shielded Hierarchical Deterministic Wallets [HD Wallets] aka ZIP32 [ZIP PR 157].
- API for Sapling proof generation: Sapling is an upcoming network upgrade for Zcash, which will release in October 2018. It will add more efficiency to Zcash’s shield transactions.
- Remote Procedure Call [RPC] support for Sapling Keys: RPC is a protocol used by a program to request another program on a different computer of the network to perform a service without the necessary understanding of the network.
- Support for Sapling note.
- A new version to Sapling’s specifications: It carries complete proofs required to back ‘Pedersen hash optimizations’.
Updates on Development Infrastructure Team, Zcash
This team provides for all the requirements of developers, in terms of tools and infrastructure for efficient collaboration, design, implementation, reviewing, testing and shipping quality projects.
Its other roles include:
- Resolving continued breakage by using MacOS
- Creating a CI worker for Windows
- Examine the current infrastructure of CI and offer potential upgrades
- Fixing the CentOS 7 Builder
Zcash’s ‘meta’ update on the team
The two teams for protocol and Zcashd, have been combined. Apart from the unknown fixes yet to be fetched from the audit result, a large part of the engineering around consensus level is completed. This leaves wallet-level support for Sapling as the top priority.
A new team has also been added to attend to the reference mobile wallet project. This has also been included in the proposal 7 of the recent roadmap.
Another enterprise team has been added to the system. This team will be looking into projects such as Quorum collaboration from last year. Zcash has also conveyed in its official blog that this section will not possess many future updates as the collaborations are carried out under Non-Disclosure Agreement [NDA] until the announcement of a project.
This is a team that will be looking after anything outside the association with Zcashd or the protocol. It will also provide support for tools and services for third-parties. Most importantly, this team is responsible for handling the ecosystem projects built by Zcash Co. Therefore, tracking in this section is restricted to safeguard confidential information on third-parties.
Some of its sub-roles are:
- Establishing a connection with third-parties and provide for any support that might be required.
- Working on the outreach and education factor of the Sapling project for third-parties
Lastly, Zcash included updates on its Documentation Team.
This team is also directly associated with Zcash and Zcashd and helps enhance the overall accessibility of the systems.
Its sub-roles include:
- Investigating the ‘ReadTheDocs’ translation process to formalize it.
- Testing GitLab for repository hosting
- Contributing to the feature-based wallet selection guide
- Migrating the documents from the website to RTD
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Bitcoin [BTC] Price Analysis: Coin reunites with the bull after escaping the bear trap
Bitcoin [BTC]: John McAfee predicts Bitcoin to breach the $1 million mark on 31 December, 2020
Bitcoin Cash [BCH] Price Analysis: Coin breaks resistance as bulls look to settle down
Bitcoin SV [BSV] Price Analysis: Coin ready for a bull run as markets move steadily
Litecoin [LTC] Price Analysis: Bulls set to take charge as coin recovers from earlier losses
Bitcoin [BTC] developer Jimmy Song lists 3 reasons why Bitcoin SV [BSV] is a “scam”
Bitcoin [BTC] among cryptocurrencies enabled by new debit card launched by Australian Crypto exchange
Bitcoin [BTC]: Mt Gox redemption plan demonstrates the power of open source network, says Brock Pierce
Nouriel Roubini says JP Morgan’s cryptocurrency JPM Coin is a joke; compares it to XRP
A New Generation of Crypto-Exchange: ALL IN ONE Crypto-Exchange
Ethereum [ETH] dApp users drop as EOS and Tron dominate the market
Bitcoin [BTC] Futures by the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Group reaches an all-time high in Q1 of 2019
- Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin Cash [BCH] support rolled out by Coinbase custodial wallet app
EOS and Litecoin [LTC] lead the charge as the cryptocurrency market continues to rise