On July 20th, Zcash released its weekly update report on its official forum. Currently, the team is on a 3-week sprint that began last week. In its blog, Zcash gave updates on its various teams and their roles in the system, such as the Zcashd team, Ecosystem team, Documentation team and more.
Zcashd teams’ focus points on the Zcashd Client:
- Support for the Shielded Hierarchical Deterministic Wallets [HD Wallets] aka ZIP32 [ZIP PR 157].
- API for Sapling proof generation: Sapling is an upcoming network upgrade for Zcash, which will release in October 2018. It will add more efficiency to Zcash’s shield transactions.
- Remote Procedure Call [RPC] support for Sapling Keys: RPC is a protocol used by a program to request another program on a different computer of the network to perform a service without the necessary understanding of the network.
- Support for Sapling note.
- A new version to Sapling’s specifications: It carries complete proofs required to back ‘Pedersen hash optimizations’.
Updates on Development Infrastructure Team, Zcash
This team provides for all the requirements of developers, in terms of tools and infrastructure for efficient collaboration, design, implementation, reviewing, testing and shipping quality projects.
Its other roles include:
- Resolving continued breakage by using MacOS
- Creating a CI worker for Windows
- Examine the current infrastructure of CI and offer potential upgrades
- Fixing the CentOS 7 Builder
Zcash’s ‘meta’ update on the team
The two teams for protocol and Zcashd, have been combined. Apart from the unknown fixes yet to be fetched from the audit result, a large part of the engineering around consensus level is completed. This leaves wallet-level support for Sapling as the top priority.
A new team has also been added to attend to the reference mobile wallet project. This has also been included in the proposal 7 of the recent roadmap.
Another enterprise team has been added to the system. This team will be looking into projects such as Quorum collaboration from last year. Zcash has also conveyed in its official blog that this section will not possess many future updates as the collaborations are carried out under Non-Disclosure Agreement [NDA] until the announcement of a project.
This is a team that will be looking after anything outside the association with Zcashd or the protocol. It will also provide support for tools and services for third-parties. Most importantly, this team is responsible for handling the ecosystem projects built by Zcash Co. Therefore, tracking in this section is restricted to safeguard confidential information on third-parties.
Some of its sub-roles are:
- Establishing a connection with third-parties and provide for any support that might be required.
- Working on the outreach and education factor of the Sapling project for third-parties
Lastly, Zcash included updates on its Documentation Team.
This team is also directly associated with Zcash and Zcashd and helps enhance the overall accessibility of the systems.
Its sub-roles include:
- Investigating the ‘ReadTheDocs’ translation process to formalize it.
- Testing GitLab for repository hosting
- Contributing to the feature-based wallet selection guide
- Migrating the documents from the website to RTD
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Ripple official claims that in time banks will adopt cryptocurrencies but before that it will be small companies
Ripple to lay xCurrent base in India? Industry player talks about partnership
Litecoin [LTC/USD] Technical Analysis: Bear’s hunger for bulls reflected in price trend
Winklevoss Twins launch new app; say they are “at home” with the crypto-winter
Ethereum’s [ETH] Vitalik Buterin talks about non-financial applications of blockchain in a tweetstorm
BREAKING: Ripple class-action lawsuit rolls ahead; plaintiffs place new demand
XRP to $589 proponent and rumored Ripple insider Bearableguy123 resurfaces: Can 1635x growth occur in 28 days?
Bitcoin [BTC] futures on Nasdaq confirmed by company executive; to be launched in first half of 2019
Ripple CEO responds to NYSE Chairman’s comment on digital assets
XRP twitter army blocked by Dogecoin [DOGE] creator after facing backlash to his comment on Ripple
XRP ecosystem blooms as the year ends; Ripple, r3 leave animosity behind and more
Bitcoin Cash [BCH] ABC to be delisted from all exchanges, says Bitcoin SV [BSV]’s Calvin Ayre
Cardano [ADA] creates record by becoming 4th biggest loser in terms of trading price against all-time high
Tron [TRX]’s weekly report: New multi-signature wallet underway, Accelerator program gains momentum