On July 20th, Zcash released its weekly update report on its official forum. Currently, the team is on a 3-week sprint that began last week. In its blog, Zcash gave updates on its various teams and their roles in the system, such as the Zcashd team, Ecosystem team, Documentation team and more.
Zcashd teams’ focus points on the Zcashd Client:
- Support for the Shielded Hierarchical Deterministic Wallets [HD Wallets] aka ZIP32 [ZIP PR 157].
- API for Sapling proof generation: Sapling is an upcoming network upgrade for Zcash, which will release in October 2018. It will add more efficiency to Zcash’s shield transactions.
- Remote Procedure Call [RPC] support for Sapling Keys: RPC is a protocol used by a program to request another program on a different computer of the network to perform a service without the necessary understanding of the network.
- Support for Sapling note.
- A new version to Sapling’s specifications: It carries complete proofs required to back ‘Pedersen hash optimizations’.
Updates on Development Infrastructure Team, Zcash
This team provides for all the requirements of developers, in terms of tools and infrastructure for efficient collaboration, design, implementation, reviewing, testing and shipping quality projects.
Its other roles include:
- Resolving continued breakage by using MacOS
- Creating a CI worker for Windows
- Examine the current infrastructure of CI and offer potential upgrades
- Fixing the CentOS 7 Builder
Zcash’s ‘meta’ update on the team
The two teams for protocol and Zcashd, have been combined. Apart from the unknown fixes yet to be fetched from the audit result, a large part of the engineering around consensus level is completed. This leaves wallet-level support for Sapling as the top priority.
A new team has also been added to attend to the reference mobile wallet project. This has also been included in the proposal 7 of the recent roadmap.
Another enterprise team has been added to the system. This team will be looking into projects such as Quorum collaboration from last year. Zcash has also conveyed in its official blog that this section will not possess many future updates as the collaborations are carried out under Non-Disclosure Agreement [NDA] until the announcement of a project.
This is a team that will be looking after anything outside the association with Zcashd or the protocol. It will also provide support for tools and services for third-parties. Most importantly, this team is responsible for handling the ecosystem projects built by Zcash Co. Therefore, tracking in this section is restricted to safeguard confidential information on third-parties.
Some of its sub-roles are:
- Establishing a connection with third-parties and provide for any support that might be required.
- Working on the outreach and education factor of the Sapling project for third-parties
Lastly, Zcash included updates on its Documentation Team.
This team is also directly associated with Zcash and Zcashd and helps enhance the overall accessibility of the systems.
Its sub-roles include:
- Investigating the ‘ReadTheDocs’ translation process to formalize it.
- Testing GitLab for repository hosting
- Contributing to the feature-based wallet selection guide
- Migrating the documents from the website to RTD
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Small victory for iFinex, Monero responds to Reuters report and more
Crypto News – 23 May – Small victory for iFinex, Monero responds to Reuters report and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) May 23, 2019
Crypto News – 23 May
Another banks drops crypto-project: After Dutch multinational bank, ABN AMRO, Rabobank announced that it is dropping plans to launch its own crypto-project
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HN7l1P
SCB Thailand on XRP adoption: Thailand’s Siam Commercial Bank asked users to remain patient and wait for an announcement about integrating and adopting XRP for transfers
Read more at https://bit.ly/2YK3Lws
Mark Yusko on Bitcoin: Morgan Creek Capital’s Chief Investment Officer is in the news after he claimed that owning Bitcoin was a great way to diversify one’s portfolio
Read more at https://bit.ly/2Eukv2O
Binance Coin on adoption spree: BNB can now be traded on Tesla using two wallets
Read more at https://bit.ly/2YJn5cY
Binance Research on Facebook: New research by Binance claimed that the entry of Facebook in the cryptocurrency market will define market’s future growth drivers
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VKx8N1
Binance’s IEO performance: Binance led the IEO performance charts as new data revealed that the exchange’s Launchpad token sales outpaced competing platforms
Read more at https://bit.ly/2JX9gUg
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Binance CEO CZ accused of causing ‘pump and dump’ by prominent trader after being blocked on Twitter
Ethereum [ETH] and Tron [TRX] Price Analysis: Coins suffer as bears push bulls aside
Bitcoin [BTC]: Strongest reason for price rise is evolution of different players coming in, says ErisX CEO
HitBTC insolvency brought into question as new research points to red flags
OKEx provides new futures trading upgrade for XRP, Bitcoin Cash [BCH] and Litecoin [LTC]
Tron [TRX] announces future trading on OKEx platform from May 20
Bitcoin’s [BTC] Lightning Network is awesome, says Blockstream’s Samson Mow
Crypto is replacing the US Dollar and no one seems to be noticing, claims prominent investor Robert Kiyosaki
Coinbase extends XRP trading access to New York users; coin pumps by 22%
Litecoin [LTC] bought at $100k on Binance when coin was trading at $90
XRP/Ripple: R3’s Corda to further partnership with credit-union centric CULedger
Bitcoin? Bitcoin Cash? Bitcoin Satoshi’s Vision? Will the real Bitcoin please stand up?
Bitcoin SV drops by a massive 24% in an hour after Bitcoin whitepaper patent backlash
Ripple executive elected to United States Faster Payment Council’s Board of Directors