Connect with us
Active Currencies 14724
Market Cap $2,635,582,433,449.06
Bitcoin Share 51.46%
24h Market Cap Change $3.74

Reasons SHIB’s price action could be on the fence despite much cheer around…

2min Read
Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sees Impressive Burn Rate and Active Address Surge Amidst Recent Shibarium Update

Share this article

  • The Shiba Inu team updated the Shibarium testnet docs with valuable information surrounding the burn mechanism.
  • SHIB witnesses a significant surge in burn rate and active addresses but experiences intermittent gains and losses.

The Shiba Inu team recently took a step forward by updating the documentation of their Shibarium testnet. The said document, packed with useful information, covers various aspects of the network, from staking to the burn rate of SHIB.

Despite BONE being the primary token of the network, the updated documentation also shed light on how SHIB would benefit in the bargain.

– How much are 1,10,100 SHIBs worth today

The ‘key’ to SHIB’s growth 

The updated Shibarium documentation provided users with accurate, detailed, and valuable information about validators, delegators, and, most significantly, the burn mechanism of the ecosystem.

As per the updated Shibarium documentation, transaction fees on the network could be classified into two types – Base Fee and Priority Fee. When a user initiates a transaction, the Base Fee is locked in a contract on the Shibarium network, while the Priority Fee will be paid to the validator.

The Base Fee is also divided into two parts, with 70% designated for burning and the remaining 30% reserved for network maintenance. This approach could thus ensure that the network remains sustainable in the long run, while contributing to a deflationary supply of SHIB tokens.

SHIB takes off in style…

In addition to the aforementioned information, a recent post from Shibburn highlighted an impressive reduction in the supply of SHIB tokens. The reduction was due to a significant burn rate witnessed in the past seven days.

The post revealed that over 1 billion SHIB tokens were burnt within the last week, with the burn rate surging over 2,000%. At the time of writing, the total amount of SHIB tokens burned surpassed 25 million. This resulted in a burn rate of over 16%. 

Additionally, another encouraging metric that surged over the past week was the daily active addresses metric. Per data from Santiment, the daily active address count reached a level it had not observed in nearly a year.

It surged over 35,000 on 31 March. Interestingly, the last time the metric experienced a significant spike was on 16 March, 2022. Furthermore, as of this writing, the daily active address count stood at approximately 2,500.

Shiba Inu (SHIB) daily active addresses

Source: Santiment

– Realistic or not, here’s SHIB market cap in BTC’s terms

SHIB’s reaction on a daily timeframe

Over the past week, SHIB experienced some price fluctuations, with gains and losses occurring intermittently. As of this writing, SHIB was trading at a loss of over 1%, hovering around $0.00001 on a daily timeframe.

Furthermore, the decline also caused SHIB to dip below the neutral line on the Relative Strength Index (RSI). However, the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) remained above the zero line, indicating a weak bearish trend for the token. 

SHIB/USD daily timeframe price move

Source: TradingView


Saman Waris works as a News Editor at AMBCrypto. She has always been fascinated by how the tides of finance and technology shape communities across demographics. Cryptocurrencies are of particular interest to Saman, with much of her writing centered around understanding how ideas like Momentum and Greater Fool theories apply to altcoins, specifically, memecoins. A graduate in history, Saman worked the sports beat before diving into crypto. Prior to joining AMBCrypto 2 years ago, Saman was a News Editor at Sportskeeda. This was preceded by her stint as Editor-in-Chief at EssentiallySports.
Read the best crypto stories of the day in less than 5 minutes
Subscribe to get it daily in your inbox.
Please check the format of your first name and/or email address.

Thank you for subscribing to Unhashed.