Connect with us

News 1

Ripple’s ODL ventures into a new market; XRP/MXN indicates increased demand



Ripple might be secretly working on a new On-demand Liquidity [ODL] platform in the land down under. XRP/MXN corridor had been picking up the pace and has been reported by various enthusiasts in the community, however, a market observer informed the community about two secret corridors up and running AUD/MXN and AUD/PHP.

@hmatejx, on Twitter, said:

According to the data available via the market observers, BTC Market has been denoted as the partner exchange in Australia and active corridors were noted between Bitso, and A sum of 66,126.82 XRP was transacted from BTC Market to, marking the AUD/PHP corridor, while a total of 71,901.50 XRP was moved from the Australian exchange to Bitso in Mexico and was identified as the AUD/MXN gateway. However, an unknown corridor was established between Bitcoin Markets and a wallet address rKHZzzukdQeSateXEyiZrEbPr35qhskXp1, transacting a 389.83 XRP.

Ripple has not officially announced any ODL partnerships in Australia, and the existing collaborations in the country use xCurrent, a product that does not use XRP. XRP/AUD has been an actively used pair on BTC Market with the trading volume of $37,676, while XRP/BTC noted a volume of $1,233.428. AMBCrypto has reached out to Ripple representatives for a comment regarding this as well.

Source: XRPcharts

Source: XRPcharts

While Bitso’s XRP/MXN corridor comprised 99.92% of most activities on the exchange with a trading volume of $1,320,224.175. The remainder 0.08% was contributed by XRP/BTC with a trading volume of $1,057.025, according to the data provided by XRPCharts.

Source: XRPcharts

Source: XRPcharts

Even though there was no confirmation from Ripple about any such corridor, the community speculated that one of the banks partnered with the company might be testing this corridor. Twitter user @wallz78 posted:

As Ripple ventures into new corridors to boost ODL of XRP, the coin’s value remained stable at $0.2937 with the market cap of $12.70 billion.

Read the best crypto stories of the day in less than 5 minutes

Subscribe to get it daily in your inbox.

Please select your Email Preferences.

Namrata is a full-time journalist at AMBCrypto covering the US and Indian market. A graduate in Mass communication, while majoring in Journalism, she writes mainly about regulations and its impact with a focus on technological advancements in the crypto space.

Disclaimer: AMBCrypto's content is meant to be informational in nature and should not be interpreted as investment advice. Trading, buying or selling cryptocurrencies should be considered a high-risk investment and every reader is advised to do their own research before making any decisions.