World Cup 2022: Poloniex bridges football fans with fan tokens
During the Covid-19 pandemic, there has been an ongoing zeal among sports leagues to explore the Web3 world. Seeing the excitement for Web3 among the masses, Poloniex, a global crypto exchange, rides on the World Cup fever to launch a virtual carnival along with the introduction of fan tokens to help the crypto ecosystem to foster the development of Web3.
To celebrate the World Cup 2022, Poloniex launched a series of marketing campaigns, named “Poloniex World Cup Carnival”, to embrace the international sports event, which is held every four years, with football enthusiasts around the globe.
The virtual carnival allows football fans and token holders to split a prize pool of up to $100,000 through quizzes and games. With the newly-listed fan tokens, Poloniex strives to explore more in the crypto space with a group of tech-savvy builders and holders to witness the rise of a new World Wide Web, aka Web3.
Poloniex World Cup Carnival
The event, officially dubbed as “Poloniex FIFA World Cup Carnival: Trade Fan Tokens to Split $100,000!”, is organized for all users to earn rewards from the $100,000 giveaway.
The event involves two promotional events, including:
- Promotion 1: The 1st event will take place from 24 October at 10:00 (UTC) to 19 November at 16:10 (UTC). Users who collect 50 Fan Token Badges during the promotion can share a prize pool of up to $50,000.
Each Fan Token Badge accounts for 1 point and after collecting 10 Fan Token Badges, users can synthesize them into a Football Badge, which represents 10 additional points. By earning more points, participants are eligible to earn a bigger prize.
- Promotion 2: This event will take place from 11 November at 16:00 (UTC) to 19 December at 15:00 (UTC). Herein users can predict which team will win the match and cast their votes accordingly during the promotion. If the prediction is accurate, the user will win 2 points on every single vote.
If the prediction is wrong their votes become invalid. In case of a tie, users from both sides earn points equivalent to their votes. After each game, every user winning 50 or more points can share the $10,000 prize pool in proportion to their earned points. $50,000 is the total amount of the prize pool for 5 rounds.
Poloniex listed new Fan Tokens
Fan Tokens are a form of cryptocurrency different from NFTs, allowing holders to access a variety of fan-related membership perks, including voting on club decisions. The different Fan Tokens offered by Poloniex are:
- SANTOS: It’s an official cryptocurrency of the Santos football club, which is created by the joint partnership between Santos FC and Binance. SANTOS aims to enhance the fan experience by offering a new dimension to fandom. It enables users to vote on social media profile pictures and other team-related events and enjoy perks like attending exclusive team events and early access to team-related NFT drops. Like other tokens, SANTOS also functions as a store of value as its price goes up so that fans can monetize their fandom.
- ASR: This Fan Token was launched by the A.S. Roma football team. It enables fans to collectively vote on club-related issues like the designs of the training ground and the team bus, as well as the fan messages written at the stadium. Additionally, fans can also earn rewards by participating in quizzes and games. Although by the time of writing, ASR was trading at $3.08, DigtialCoinPrice predicts that in 2024, the price of ASR might almost double to between $6.19 and $7.36.
- JUV: Juventus FC is the first football team in the world to launch a Fan Token for fan interaction. JUV has a limited supply of 20,000,000. It gives privilege to the holders to make the club’s decisions, including the pennant design, the goal celebration song, and the redesign of the “J” logo all of which can direct the club in the right direction. According to CoinGecko, JUV hit an all-time high of $37.83 on December 21, 2020. After dropping to $3.82 at press time, DigitalCoinPrice predicts that by next year JUV will increase between $6 to $7.
- ACM: Launched by A.C. Milan, ACM the Fan Token has a supply cap of 20,000,000. It allows token holders to join the decision-making process of the club, including choosing the official “fan motto” that features inside the club’s dressing room. Voting for the exclusive content that they wish to see in the summer tour, and joining hands together to create unique artwork or kits for the club legends are additional perks for ACM holders. By the writing time, the token is trading at $3.21 and it’s predicted (by DigitialCoinPrice) that it will reach up to $5.64 next year.
Founded in January 2014, Poloniex is a global cryptocurrency exchange to support spot and futures trading as well as leveraged tokens. With a world-class trading platform, Poloniex received funding from H.E. Justin Sun, Founder of TRON, in 2019 to widen its international customer base.
Poloniex now provides services in over 100 countries and regions, in various languages. In 2022, Poloniex launched its new trading system with higher speed, stability, and usability.
Joining hands with TRON, which was designated as the national blockchain for the Commonwealth of Dominica with TRX granted statutory status as legal tender in the country, Poloniex will continuously connect users to the power of cryptocurrency.
To know more about Poloniex, please visit the official website or follow them on Twitter.
Disclaimer: This is a paid post and should not be treated as news/advice.