XUMM has now released a brand new updated version of its most popular wallet for XRP tokens- XUMM 2.0. As mentioned in the official release notes by the XRPL Labs, this new update executed compatibility with iOS- and Android-based devices. One of the key features of this updated version was its implementation of the CasinoCoin token swap along with 11 other main functionalities.
Few functionalities of the XUMM wallet included:
- The ‘Scan QR’ button in the middle of the bottom button bar was replaced by a ‘launcher’ button, where the Scan QR button was located.
- Introduced xApps
xApps are small apps by the XRPL Labs team and curated 3rd parties. xApps are available in XUMM to access specific XRP Ledger features straight from the ‘launcher’ button
- Added themes. Besides the existing Light theme, Dark, Moonlight, and Royal were available (Settings – General – Theme)
- Added support for holding, sending & receiving NFT’s based on the XLS-14d Standard Proposal
- Added option to hide accounts from the account switching panel, e.g. for unused, inactive accounts only used as regular key
- In terms of developer experience, the new version comes with an updated SDK and reviewed KYC procedures for engineers who experiment with XUMM functions.
Apart from these features, 5 other additions were implemented as mentioned in the release notes.
In the latest update, XUMM Wallet added support for holding, sending and receiving non-fungible tokens (NFTs). Now, users will be able to trade and exchange collectibles created in accordance with the XLS-14d standard proposal.
The aforementioned updates were in line with the XUMM roadmap plan. According to this map, their next upcoming release included XUMM 3.0- set to be announced in mid-2021 as specified in the mid-2020 blog post.
“We already developed a couple of important features required for XUMM 3.0: they are present (but hidden) in XUMM 2.0, so we can start testing XUMM 3.0 features with selected* community members. This allows us to work our way towards a fast and smooth XUMM 3.0 release later this year.” as stated by the company.