A recent research publication called ‘Debunking Market Narratives: Litecoin Edition’ by Multicoin Capital’s Managing Partner Tushar Jain explained the prominent reasons why Litecoin [LTC] will hit the bear trap in future. Multicoin Capital is a cryptocurrency investment firm that offers investors venture capital economics with public market liquidity.
Kyle Samani, the Co-Founder and Managing Partner at Multicoin Capital recently tweeted:
“In Multicoin’s latest post, we debunk many of the narratives behind
@litecoin $LTC TLDR: When LTC was founded, it justified its existence as a way to experiment. Today, all those questions have been answered, and LTC is functionally useless”
The document released by Multicoin Capital has briefly explained 4 distinctive narratives of Litecoin which included Litecoin as a Medium of Exchange [MoE], Litecoin as a Store of Value [SoV], Bitcoin’s Testnet and Long term viability. Followed by this, it explained the downfall of LTC’s price since 2017 and some of the negative catalysts that can affect Litecoin in the future.
The news has been circulating around the cryptocurrency community for quite a while. However, the Litecoin supporters strongly refuted the arguments by Multicoin Capital on Reddit and Twitter.
A Redditor named jessquit says:
“It appears the authors are extremely bullish on Lightning Network and seem to believe that with Segwit, BTC’s onchain capacity woes are solved. I wonder if they understand that even with full Segwit adoption BTC can only onboard a handful of new users per second to LN and is still woefully bottlenecked? It appears that in their attempt to “debunk” one narrative they have “rebunked” another narrative.”
Also, it is worth noticing that Multicoin Capital has mentioned in the same article that they hold a short position in LTC. Speculations have ensued among the LTC community that this is an attempt to bring the cryptocurrency’s value down.
A Litecoin enthusiast named ecurrencyhodler on responded to Kyle Samani’s tweet:
“If you want to short
#Litecoin, short $LTC. You are your own person. Your investment cryptofund can do whatever you want. But I hope that those who have trusted you with their $$ take notice of this thread because what it shows is an alarming lack of research.”
A LTCproponent named Tom Gnojowy replied:
@KyleSamani = $LTC bounce incoming.”
Savio Volpe, another Twitter user says:
“What’s with this campaign against
$LTC. Your buddy @TusharJain_ made the exact same post a couple of weeks ago saying LTC is worth 0, a clearly biased partisan dogmatic one-sided position. I’m a critic of LTC too but let’s at least be objective.”
ecurrencyhodler has gone ahead and countered most of the points mentioned in Tushar Jain’s document. While explaining about ‘Litecoin as Bitcoin’s Testnet’, Multicoin’s analysis stated:
“While this may be valuable for Bitcoin, citing this as a reason for billions of dollars of value retention is simply nonsensical. Bitcoin simply does not need a separate $3B testnet.”
According to ecurrencyhodler, the above statement is “ununiformed”, and one of the main reasons why RSK, a popular smart contract platform is adopting LTC is to push drivechains onto BTC, in a very similar way that SegWit was.
Also, the article mentioned the success of Bitcoin’s Lightning Network as a negative catalyst for Litecoin. To this, ecurrencyhodler commented:
“Yes the LN will help BTC scale. Actually I think it’s hilarious your using this against
$LTC considering you weren’t even convinced this was a viable option before. Either way, LTC will be a cheaper on-ramp to the LN”
A Software Engineer from Nvidia, says:
“LTC probably has a role to play interoperating over the lightning network.”
Further, the investing firm accused Litecoin of not setting up a differentiated roadmap. However, the Litecoin community considers this as an asset for the blockchain. The LTC proponent says, the fact that people want to outcompete BTC is why they lose (e.g.
$BCH). We just want to compliment it.
The Twitterati continued by mentioning some of the prominent exchanges and blockchain organizations which support Litecoin. This included Abra, Lightning Labs, RSK etc. Additionally, these organizations are adding LTC organically and the Litecoin community ‘does not pay anyone to do it’.
A cryptocurrency enthusiast named dylan koji-cheslin says:
“LTC has cheaper transactions and faster transaction times than Bitcoin. Those could be considered functional uses. I don’t own any and this is not a recommendation for or against price speculation on any coin.”
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
Crypto News – 25 May – Tether’s [USDT] market capitalization hits all-time high, Facebook in talks with Winklevoss twins, trading firms over new cryptocurrency and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 25 May 2019
Daily Crypto News – May 25
1) Bitcoin Wallet receives part of 5,000 BTC: A recent Whale Alert highlighted a transaction on May 24, where a large sum of Bitcoin [BTC] exchanged hands between two anonymous wallets. According to the alert the transaction took place at 22:13:23 + 1 minutes and 5,000.00001092 BTC was transferred from an unknown wallet, with address 19SiCYaYKZh9A8HUjuh14eg5wtYzKxiFbB, to another unknown wallet with address 14GcjGjxwadzcpmq9EG3KUgTKATjurbnWt.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VRQwb0
2) Bitwise Report 2.0: Bitcoin [BTC] futures continues growth: On a month-on-month basis, Bitcoin Futures saw a massive bump in April trading at an average of 10,000 contracts daily, peaking on April 4, with over 22,000 contracts traded. To put that number in perspective, in March 2019, the average contracts traded was less than 4,000. Despite the high standards set in April, the average daily contracts traded in May, with 25 days gone has exceeded 14,000 and still looks to grow, given the price performance of Bitcoin.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W40sTR
3) Craig Wright on private keys: Craig S Wright has, for years, claimed he is the true creator of Bitcoin [BTC] without providing a shred of evidence to support the same. With the crypto-community levelling, Wright could prove his worth by sending BTC from Satoshi Nakamoto’s touted wallet containing around 980,000 BTCs, the BSV man in a twisted cause and effect situation, stated he will “sign” into his wallet only when he proves he is the creator.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X6fdlw
4) Tether’s [USDT] market cap hits ATH: Tether and Bitfinex are being closely scrutinized now more than ever due to the NYAG’s lawsuit; however, the scrutiny doesn’t seem to have affected Tether as the market cap of USDT has increased by over $100 million in approximately 70 days.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2McaTjE
5) Tether volume shift: Another controversial topic in the cryptocurrency industry was the issue of fake transaction volumes on many of the popular cryptocurrency exchanges. The magnitude of the topic was so large that even Changpeng Zhao, the Chief Executive Officer [CEO] of Binance had raised red flags. This topic and Tether as a whole received another twist when Larry Cermack, the Director of Research at The Block, pointed out a few parameters when it came to the said volume.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2wmk4mJ
6) Bitfinex’s LEO tokens listed on Delta Exchange: Bitfinex’s Leo tokens faced quite a lot of criticism when they were announced, due to the missing $850 million funds from Bitfinex. The private investment round by Bitfinex also faced a lot of heat from the media. However, in a recent development, Leo tokens are being listed on various exchanges for trading.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HUEnNB
7) Robinhood en-route a projected valuation of $7 billion: Robinhood, the California-based cryptocurrency exchange made headlines recently when a source close to the organization revealed that it was on the verge of closing their latest round of funding at a valuation of a whopping $7 billion – $8 billion. Sources even claimed that the current round of funding could act as a precursor to an even bigger round of funding, which would pit Robinhood with the bigwigs like Coinbase and Binance.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2W64KKj
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Bitcoin [BTC]: Debating on king coin’s transaction speed is a red herring argument, says Charlie Shrem
Bitcoin price prediction: BTC prices primed for small correction that could evolve into a major correction
Tron [TRX] surges 7.50% in an hour after Justin Sun hints at ‘huge and amazing’ announcement in TRX, BTT ecosystem
Bitcoin [BTC]: Fidelity has a ‘room full of ASIC miners’ at its Texas office, claims Justin Moon
Bitcoin nirvana is happening right now, says Max Keiser
Tron [TRX] announces future trading on OKEx platform from May 20
Bitcoin’s [BTC] Lightning Network is awesome, says Blockstream’s Samson Mow
Crypto is replacing the US Dollar and no one seems to be noticing, claims prominent investor Robert Kiyosaki
Bitcoin Cash’s [BCH] Roger Ver adds Coinbase and Binance to his ‘safe list’
Bittrex transfers 6,999,999 XRP to Upbit amid Ripple’s alleged report discrepancies
Bitcoin [BTC] is still going to $100,000, claims Heisenberg Capital’s Max Keiser
Satoshi Nakamoto is easy to get through; can be found by fools, claims John McAfee
XRP: Google Chrome extension to detect trustworthiness of select XRP addresses goes live
Ripple: SCB Thailand asks crypto-enthusiasts to wait for announcement regarding XRP adoption