The BLOCKCHANCE Conference, on August 24 and 25 in the HafenCity of Hamburg, shows the socio-economic effects of the upcoming Blockchain innovation wave. The “Viva con Agua de Sankt Pauli e. V. ” and the startup “Blockchain Solutions” present exclusively the project “WATERcoin”. Airbus, Hochbahn AG, Kodak, representatives of the Hamburg Parliament, the German Blockchain Foundation and many more talk about the current state of research and application examples of Blockchain technology.
The BLOCKCHANCE Conference Hamburg 2018 will take place on August 24 and 25 at the MLOVE Future City Campus in HafenCity Hamburg. It creates a platform for the exchange of knowledge and experience and provides unique insights into developments in the field of blockchain- and cryptocurrency-technologies. The patron will be Dr. Sebastian Saxe, CDO of the Ministry of Economics, Transport and Innovation of the City of Hamburg. Mr. Synth from Shanghai, founder of the Skycoin Project and early Bitcoin contributer, will be special guest.
More than 30 other speakers, including from Airbus, Kodak, Hochbahn AG, Hamburger Bürgerschaft, the Skycoin Project and the German Blockchain Foundation, will give presentations. The main topics of the conference include “Mobility & Blockchain”, “Future Economy”, “Cryptocurrency & Games”, “Blockchain for Good & Entertainment” and “Blockchain in Marketing”. Viva con Agua de Sankt Pauli e. V. and the Hamburg startup Blockchain Solutions exclusively present the project WATERcoin, which uses the blockchain-technology to enable the association to provide even more targeted and transparent help where water is needed. Partners of the BLOCKCHANCE Conference include Audi, Kodak, Airbus and the City of Hamburg. Tickets start at 15€ at Eventbrite.
The event informs beginners and enthusiasts about the socio-economic effects of the coming Blockchain innovation wave. The low ticket prices and the program mix, which every day consists of technical lectures, panel discussions, exhibition area with product demonstrations, breaks for networking and an afterglow party at the in-house Beach Club, is unique in the crypto-scene. Admission starts on Friday at 9:00 and on Saturday at 12:00. The BLOCKCHANCE Conference Hamburg 2018 will take place at MLOVE Future City Campus, Baakenhöft 1, 20457 Hamburg, near the U4 station “HafenCity University”.
Answers to the questions: What is Blockchain? What are Bitcoins? And: What makes the Blockchain so special? – can be found below. Further information on the event can be found at www.blockchance.eu
Digital Presskit: www.blockchance.eu/presskit
Reserve your seat for the first row in front of the mainstage and for the press welcome.
- For press applications please contact Marie Tröster: +49 177 231 4908 / [email protected]
- For further details and interviews please contact Fabian Friedrich: +49 176 616 95 771 / [email protected]
Schedule for press members on Friday August 24
- 09:00 Press welcome with coffee, champagne, snacks and networking
- 10:00 Conference opening with Dr. Sebastian Saxe
- 10:15 Skycoin Keynote with Mr. Synth (Shanghai, China) and Daken Freeborn (Las Vegas, USA)
- 10:45 Interviews, coffee break, expo und networking
- 11:00 Conference continuation
Our Press Lounge is open for interviews on Friday from 9:00 to 18:00
The official schedule will be announced on August 10. If you are interested in the current state of planning in advance, please contact us.
Speakers List include:
- Mr. Synth (Founder of Skycoin and early Bitcoin contributer)
- Dr. Sebastian Saxe (CDO at Ministry of Economics, Transport and Innovation of Hamburg and patron of BLOCKCHANCE Conference)
- Michael Fritz (Co-Founder of Viva con Agua de Sankt Pauli e.V.)
- Melanie Mohr (CEO at YEAY)
- Oliver Naegele (CEO at Helix Orange and member of the German Blockchain Foundation)
- Bessem Ayari (Airbus ProtoSpace)
- Jan Denecke (CEO at KODAKOne)
- Peter Großkopf (CTO at Solaris Bank)
- Sascha Westermann (Projektmanagement-Office ITS of Hamburg, Hamburger Hochbahn AG)
- Pia Victoria Poppenreiter (CEO at Ohlala)
- Daken Freeborn (Director of Events at Skycoin)
- Thomas Modeneis (Co-Founder of MDL)
- Michael Prubon (CMO and Founder at TEAL)
- Isaac Thomas (CEO at VEGANcoin)
- Dr. Carlo Maragliono (CTO at Solar Bankers)
- Alex Jost (CEO at Distributed Blocks)
- Samater Liban (Co-Founder of Africa SunTec GmbH)
- Harald Neidhardt (Curator and CEO at Futur/io Institute)
- Jan Meyer (CEO and Founder at Dash Embassy DACH)
- Carsten Ovens (Representative of the Hamburg State Parliament)
- Erich K. (CMO at Kitty Cash)
- Jens Kappe & Daniel Wischer (CVO and CPO at BEAT.org)
- Matt Oksa (Events Lead EMEA at Skycoin)
- David Matheijs & Jorge Daniel Sangines Füchtner (CMO and CTO at GoForIt Walk&Win)
- Arnab Naskar (Founder and CEO at SICOS)
What is Blockchain?
A blockchain is a decentralized database that maintains a constantly growing list of transaction records. The database is extended chronologically linearly, comparable to a chain to which new elements are constantly added at the bottom end – hence the term “blockchain”. If one block is complete, the next block is created. Each block contains a checksum of the previous block.
The technical model of the blockchain was developed within the crypto currency Bitcoin – as a web-based, decentralized, public accounting system for all Bitcoin transactions that have ever been carried out. The Bitcoin blockchain is growing steadily as new blocks with newly concluded Bitcoin transactions are constantly being added. Each computer that is connected to the Bitcoin network, creates new Bitcoins and/or manages the previously created ones manages a one-to-one copy of the complete blockchain.
What are Bitcoins?
Bitcoin is a purely digital currency published in 2009, based on a decentralized payment network and made possible only by blockchain technology and the Internet. Paying with Bitcoins on the web pays less transaction fees than traditional online payment providers. Another possible advantage of Bitcoin is that the currency does not require a central database.
There are no physical Bitcoins, it is digital cash. Account balances are stored in a public accounting system, the blockchain, together with all Bitcoin transactions ever made. The computing power required to manage this massive amount of data is provided by a large network of computers.
What makes the Blockchain so special?
The Blockchain is one of the most important inventions of the last 100 years, says Bill Gates. Without blockchain the Bitcoin system would not work because new bitcoins can only be calculated on the basis of the bitcoins generated so far and therefore what has already happened in the past must be tracked. Nevertheless, the blockchain principle must be considered separately from Bitcoin. Imagine the Blockchain as a pipeline and bitcoin as the water flowing through it. The clou resulting from it: On the basis of the Blockchain technology new applications can be developed and completely new ecosystems can be created. Decentralized, cost-effective and transparent.
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter