GoldFever mirrors the real world with its Game-Yield-Generator (GYG) economy
If the Game-Yield-Generator (GYG) economy sounds unfamiliar, it is anything but normal. The GYG model was created by Gold Fever as a result of their journey from a P2E economy to an open and competitive economy, determined by player-owned NFTs called GYGs.
The GYG NFTs refer to a certain type of game infrastructure along with the social and economical connections that are established openly between the players who choose to buy them and be the “makers” of the game society.
With every passing day, the usage of blockchain technology has branched out in various sectors from cryptocurrencies, NFTs, and now even Games. Though gaming has been in our lives since ancient times, the recent growth of online gaming has surpassed various other markets that are connected to blockchain technology.
In fact, estimates predict that in 7 years’ time, the online gaming market will grow at 17.5% CAGR and reach annual revenues exceeding $285 billion. However, despite having a positive impact on the masses the online gaming sector has various shortcomings that have been left unaddressed.
Amidst various limitations, transparency and the balance between the real and virtual worlds have been the biggest hiccups when it comes to P2E modes of gaming.
Thereby, to remove the discrepancy in the gaming sector, GoldFever came into the limelight. Developed by DeFi Mechanics Labs an inspiration for passionate players and their phenomenal skills, designed as a free-to-play and Play-to-Earn survival PvP multiplayer video game, the game has a player-driven open economy guaranteed by true ownership, NFTs, and blockchain.
What is GoldFever?
Inspired by the Gold Rush, with the action placed between the two Great Wars, around 1929, and mimicking real-life one-on-one, GoldFever is an action-packed game that enables players to acquire and trade both in-game currencies and NFTs called GYGs – Game-Yield-Generator NFTs; while experiencing a dynamic player-influenced economy.
So, in this challenging Gold Rush, you can not only grind for gold and earn, stake, lend or lease items, but also – and this is the GYG, the novel part – you would interact with each other to develop and trade the items you need within the game.
What does it really mean?
First of all, Gold Fever is about obtaining gold. This is done in “mining claims” – PVP arenas where players go up against each other to fight for the highly sought-after gold. Many activities in the game complement this. Whether it’s harvesting, hunting, crafting, completing work orders, or exploring the jungles, the search for gold is bloody and never-ending.
However, all this dynamic needs infrastructure and this is where the novelty happens. The game’s main assets – lands, buildings, and transportation are decentralized completely and sold as NFTs to the players, along with the power to decide how the economy will be shaped.
It means you can, thanks to GYGs, do a more refined type of action: set up and run your own business, and see how your decisions play out in a complex market. Hence, depending on your entrepreneurial qualities, you can create multiple streams of passive and active income via the Game Yield Generator NFTs.
Therefore, the core gameplay is based on the ownership system which is decentralized – the company doesn’t own any important game assets. It has been launched as a solution to remove a lot of distrust in the niche and the industry and provide users with complete ownership of their money.
The ownership system involves all infrastructure from administration to land, buildings, planes, tools, and companions that are in the form of GYG NFTs – YOU can own them and also all the possibilities of revenue and scalable growth. The better the game experience, the higher the demand for in-game items – also known as Yield Generator NFTs.
An incredible gameplay
The gameplay is designed in a way to encourage community building by allowing players to cooperate and engage in a complex strategy. It is also built to leverage a decentralized structure with economic and psychological incentives.
Some of its fantastic characteristics are as follows:
- Based on Realism: Games that provide a mirror to the real world work as an add-on to the technical revolution. GoldFever is one such game that strives to depict a realistic world in a time frame around the second decade of the 20th century. This helps immerse the player into the real world and enhance their overall experience – be this game-play or economical development. Life in Gold Fever mimics real life, and so is the economy – the rules of ownership, dominance, and opportunity are transferred in the game-play, turning it into a metaverse.
- Blockchain-oriented: GoldFever being a Play-to-Earn platform has considered blockchain and NFT technology as its biggest investment. It belongs to the well-established part of the Ethereum/Polygon blockchains. The latter provides safety to players during transactions and boosts immutability, transparency, and decentralization. All these results in GoldFever providing users with a unique and smooth trading experience.
- Double-Decentralized structure: Both from the DEFi point of view and in-game items point of view, the game is leveraging decentralization. You can lend-lease-generate collateral revenue-stake-burn, but, thanks to the fact that the entire game infrastructure is sold to players by the creators, you can easily become a digital entrepreneur, work smart and create wealth, not only earnings. GoldFever hence became a free open economy where you have the power over how things are shaped. The JBR currency of the platform
- Exciting factions and classes: GoldFever has created a gameplay where conflicts arise between two main factions: the Adventures and Tribals. Players in this game have complete autonomy to personalize their characters with various character classes in the aforementioned factions.
- A futuristic platform to develop and build wealth: you can think of Gold Fever from several angles. One of them is a place where you can put your skills to work, own assets, and use owned assets to leverage the game economy to create active and passive income. The land and the buildings are sources of active income and help shape the economy. The gold tools, the transportation, and the weapons are sources of passive income that fuel the economy. You can also hire players to do tasks such as bringing wood, hunting, transporting from building to building, or special quests such as security. This special type of dynamic is called Game Yield Generator. You can learn from watching the market behavior and learn about how price bubbles, for instance, are formed, and what triggers them.
- A great way to bond socially: you can also see in terms of social interaction…how people form groups, and what it is that makes people work together. GoldFever is a metaverse economy and a harsh world of hard competition, resembling genuine human society, based on free markets, independent ownership, and social contracts and still, people come together to work for a common cause. What is it that lets those people come together? The term coined for this dynamic is The Economy Of Utility™.
The NFT marketplace – The Game Yield Generator (GYG) NFT
GoldFever created The Game Yield Generator (GYG) NFT while adding the extra layer of decentralization – full ownership given to the player.
GYG NFTs in Gold Fever are planes, boats, merchant shops, buildings, land, and many more – that YOU can own along with all the possibilities of revenue and the power of decision – you decide. They are valuable because they have in-game utility.
What does this really mean?
The purpose of the decentralized ownership system is to generate a stable in-game economy and rely on a balance between “makers” and “takers” to keep things flowing. Such an economy needs a roughly equal mix of players who invest time and effort into generating assets to sell and players who want to spend real money to buy the product that works as a shortcut to in-game success or status.
Therefore, Gold Fever opted-in for decentralization – selling the GYGs to players, meaning all game assets and infrastructure – will stabilize the economy and create the base for the “makers”. The next step is to “invite” the “takers” – the passionate players to actually play an attractive and juicy game, with a stable infrastructure.
The Utility of the GYG NFTs is to the next level and allows you to become a digital entrepreneur who controls and predicts how much yield they have for their NFTs. Thanks to this shift in approaching NFTs, in the Gold Fever economy you can work smart: either employ people that will help you increase your revenues or just set some fixed prices and let your NFTs, like buildings or planes, produce.
A part of the game is all about obtaining gold which is done in the mining claims/PvP arenas where players go up against each other to fight for the highly sought-after gold. Most activities in the game complement this. Whether it’s harvesting, hunting, crafting, completing work orders, or exploring the jungles, the search for gold is bloody and never-ending and only the most resourceful challengers will prevail.
Thereby, to make the battle even more interesting GoldFever has introduced some weapons which are in the form of NFTs including weapons, transportation, tools, and companions.
These NFTs provide users with an enriching experience and in-game capabilities
The limited quantity of these NFTs makes the gameplay even more interesting.
Lands and adventure / commercial buildings are yet another limited and expensive NFT acting as a major pillar in the economic structure. Their primary goal is to be utilized as a yield generator and economy-maker.
Multiple token systems
GoldFever has a set of 4 different tokens with different use cases:
- Jul: This isn’t a cryptocurrency but a virtual internal unit of the account just like other currencies in a game. This can be traded using fiat currencies. It is used as access to paid user-created arenas, in-game purchases, and special events. 1 JUL = 1 USD.
- Native Gold (NGL): It’s a native fungible ERC20 token representing gold reserves. It has a multi-purpose use case including access payment, transferring, getting paid, lending/renting items, and also locking/consuming user tokens.
- Julius’ Brain (JBR): It’s an ERC20 governance token airdropped periodically to participants. This helps users to vote on features like weapons, machines, transport, etc, and to vote on the platform’s revenue usage.
- Non-Fungible ERC721 token: These tokens can be traced in-game, borrowed, or potentially sold on different external platforms. It is also utilized for selling, leasing/renting, and also for collateral and ownership purposes.
GoldFever as a gaming platform has stood out as one of the most incredible platforms that have some exciting features, and characteristics that make this platform even more attractive. The platform also aims to launch a game super spoon with 2 USPs including thriller actions and eye-catching graphics.
Talking in terms of business model, GoldFever is all set to bring to light a metaverse-inspired economy with a certain kind of ownership and APY – the GYG. The user-friendly features and its extensive roadmap highlights the team’s efforts of building a platform that is one of a kind.
Their GYG-centric model reunites:
- The play2earn pillar as you can grind for the token, speculate NGL and flip their NFTs or participate in quests and tasks the DeFi, the yield generating and the fun;
- The DeFi methods – you can sell-buy, borrow-lend, offer collateral, or stake and burn
- The GYG – yield-generating infrastructure and economy building – where you can use your NFTs to leverage the game economy and the jobs that appear.
- The fun pillar – as it stands by its original promise – a good game should be catchy.
As stages of development, after setting the game core loop – the gold grinding, the team will start, from Q1 2023 the decentralization and sell all the GYG infrastructure to settlers/entrepreneurs willing to develop the economy.
Taking complete advantage of the technical advancement GoldFever has definitely curated a next-generation blockchain-based video game.
Disclaimer: This is a paid post and should not be treated as news/advice.