Crypto News – 18 May – Ripple CTO dismisses Coin Metrics report saying it was a ‘timeline issue’, Tron [TRX] futures to soon start trading on OKEx platform and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) 18 May 2019
Daily Crypto News – May 18
1) XRP-backed stablecoin: Kava Labs is developing a stablecoin, USDX, backed by XRP on a Cosmos Zone, which dynamically maintains stability to USD with decentralized mechanisms.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HE7xAv
2) BitMEX insurance funds: While some panicked when Bitcoin crashed suddenly, others remained calm and assessed the situation. It was noticed that there was a huge sell order on Bitstamp, which pushed the price of Bitcoin by ~20% in a few minutes.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VNgUaK
3) USDC do not exceed balance of US dollars: News revolving around the USD Coin [USDC] had taken a negative connotation when Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong was called out for shilling the cryptocurrency. As a way to put any fears or speculations to bed, Grant Thornton LLP, an independent accounting firm released the latest attestation report on US dollar reserves backing USDC.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2Ej5dxM
4) SatoshiPay launches Solar Wallet: SatoshiPay has been working closely and designing micro-payment apps for the Stellar Network. Earlier this year, the micro-payment solution company launched ‘Solar wallet’, a stellar network-based and user-friendly desktop wallet. The Solar Wallet has proved to be user-friendly and easy-to-use and can securely manage funds.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2HrJ6HH
5) Blockstream CSO on Bitcoin: Samson Mow, Blockstream’s Chief Strategy Officer appeared in the latest Keiser Report discussion featuring Max Keiser. Talking about the satellite, Mow said that the purpose of Blockstream satellite was to provide redundancy for the Bitcoin [BTC] network.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2VvuQkY
6) HitBTC is insolvent, claim customers: According to a series of tweets by CryptoMedication, from Zerononcense, cryptocurrency analytics and research firm, the exchange is “insolvent”. The Twitter handler exclaimed his surprise that the exchange was “still in operation” as they had only 350,000 BTCs after their liquidation.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2JtlOTK
7) Weiss Ratings on Bitcoin’s price movement: Weiss Ratings, the crypto-specific rankings company, which, at times has rubbed the cryptocurrency industry the wrong way on predictions, suggested an absence of “manipulation” and termed the fiasco as a “normal market correction”.
Read more at https://bit.ly/2JrYtlE
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter
Justin Sun on shaking down the Internet, Coin Metrics on Kin’s blockchain activity and more
Crypto News – 26 June – Justin Sun on shaking down the Internet, Coin Metrics on Kin’s blockchain activity and more
— AMBCrypto (@CryptoAmb) June 26, 2019
Crypto News – 26 June
Bitcoin breaches new resistances: In a sensational run that saw the coin surge by 15% over 24 hours, the world’s largest cryptocurrency breached the $12,000 mark, while also briefly touching the $13,000 mark, before falling again
Read more at https://bit.ly/2ZMkS10
Tone Vays on Bitcoin’s biggest strength: Tone Vays opined that Bitcoin’s biggest strength was the fact that it was completely “unconfiscatable” and that one’s BTC is completely safe if it is protected and secured with attention
Read more at https://bit.ly/2RD2BjL
Tron Foundation launches new inititative: Justin Sun’s Tron Foundation announced a $20 million TRX buy-back plan to promote community activity and market stability
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X8aA9W
Joe Kernen on Bitcoin, Libra: The once crypto-skeptic, CNBC Squawk Box’s Joe Kernen is of the opinion that Libra is for corporations, while Bitcoin is for the people
Read more at https://bit.ly/31MkqSa
Bloomberg on JPM Coin: According to a report by Bloomberg, the Jaime Dimon-led institution plans to launch the JPM coin and use it for bond transactions
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X75DTr
Fundstrat report on stablecoins: According to a recent report by New York-based Fundstrat Global Advisors, the FS CryptoFX Stablecoin index fell by a whopping 21 percent against BTC, with Gemini outperforming Tether [USDT]
Read more at https://bit.ly/2X5qPJw
BitGo’s latest collaboration: Bitcoin IRA has announced that it will be teaming up with BitGo to launch crypto-retirement accounts insured for $100 million
Read more at https://bit.ly/31UvjBz
Subscribe to AMBCrypto’s Newsletter